Sign in to follow this  
Guest avalon243

Practice landings A330

Guest avalon243

Please, is there a way to practise autopilot landings in the A330 on Autopilot via a MCDU flightplan without doing the full flight?I can pause and save the flight in FS9, let's say, three-quarters of the way through, or closer to approach.When I reload this flight, then, how do I get the MCDU to 'catch up' to the exact part of the flightplan?The MCDU shows no FP if I do this.If I reload it, it screws up, basically.Also, I think the ALT and speed on reloading a paused, saved flight are reset to zero.I must have done Glasgow-Heathrow 100 times, by now. T.O. etc. is fine apart from the strange rocking up and down, seesaw effect mentioned in another thread on climbing in managed mode. Is this normal?But I need to practise the landing from activating Approach Phase without going through the whole journey, if possible.

Guest Phoenix_7

if you go to the Phoenix sitecheck under Support, Product manuals, 330/340there is a 330 quick flight 1 for CYYZJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest avalon243

I've certainly done the short flight you mention many times But CYYZ is not EGLL.I've been following the excellent tutorial EGPF -EGLL. There are some very specific instructions in this which do take the plane in successfully. The most important part is catching the ILS and GS. It takes a bit of practice to get this just right.Any ideas on the managed ascent problem? My passengers are getting sea-sick:-( I've checked my joystick calibration, and AFAIK, my weight and fuel settings are correct. I have ZFW at 171,995 Kg and fuel at 14,987 Kg for my EGPF-EGLL flight. These are entered in the MCDU, Init, Page 2, as ZFW=172 and BLOCK=15. (A330-200GE).BTW,on the managed ascent, the pitch moves from minus 2 to +22, up and down continuously until cruise level is reached. The seesaw is not fast, but slow and repeating all the way from 6000ft to 31,000ft.Am I doing something wrong? Have I explained the effect adequately?Thanks.

Guest avalon243

Great! I will try this. Many thanks for your help. Looks like an effective way to practise AP landings. They are all kind of different in their own way.:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.