Sign in to follow this  
Guest tbirdsport

A320 LLZ reverting to 360 deg on ILS

Guest tbirdsport

Hello everyoneI recently bought the PSS A320 in the sale (I already have the A330 but haven't used it since the update shortly after release). Everything seemes to work OK except the LLZ capture. The plane intercepts OK but as soon as it passes the correct course it turns to 360 deg and stays there. Re-aquiring causes the same problem everytime. The plane will descend on the G/S OK but in the wrong direction I have tried it using Heathrow 2000 and Simflyers LIRF scenery and am wondering if it is the add-on scenery causing the problem. My PMDG 737's don't have a problem however with any of my add-on sceneries. Wind or no wind makes no difference either. I am using FS9 on XP Pro.If anyone can help me with this I would be grateful.

Guest vrandar

I have answered you on the other forum as well so hopefully you'll get one of the posts. And hopefully the solution is correct: make sure you have the NAV/GPS switch on your default aircraft, say the Boeing 737, to NAV, NOT to GPS. If you have it set to GPS your aircraft will turn to 3360 degrees on LLZ capture as you have found out.

Guest vrandar

I meant 360 degrees. Turning to 3360 degrees would make one a bit dizzy.

Guest tbirdsport

What do you know, it works!Thanks for the tip Rob, now I can relax a bit more during flights!Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.