Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoM

Com'in in for a landing..

Guest PoM

Ok...so I am on my final approach everything is looking good...I go to put in my speed to hold...what do I do...do I push or pull the speed holdChad Moore

Guest vrandar

At about 4DME you should be going to managed speed. In other words push the speed knob.

Guest PoM

So up to that point I will use selected speed...well were do I get the speeds I need to be at when reaching my altitudes before being 4 miles outChad Moore

Guest vrandar

The following is from the British Airways Airbus Flight Training Study Guide:"Plan the descent to achieve green dot speed at 12 miles. A good crosscheck is to is to be at 1o,000ft AAL, 33nm from the airport, with a maximum speed of 280kts decelerating towards 250kts. the following table gives approximate target "gates":Distance/Height/Speed/Config33/10000/280 max/clean20/6000/250/clean12/3800/210 or green dot/flap 18/2500/180 or S Speed/flap14.5/1500/160 or F speed/ flap 2 or 3 + gearYou don't want to be slowing down too early, particularly if flying online as ATC will not be pleased, but equally you don't want to be at 250 knots clean with 4 miles to run. Maintain a smooth but approapriate flaps schedule and always check your speed before selecting the next config.

HiManaged speed etc is norm by FMC I norm let the 330_200 Just extend flaps and the speed will conply with the settings if you have the FMC set.

ww1459.png

Guest nausea

@RobQuote:You don't want to be slowing down too early, particularly if flying online as ATC will not be pleased, but equally you don't want to be at 250 knots clean with 4 miles to run. Maintain a smooth but approapriate flaps schedule and always check your speed before selecting the next config. end quoteIt wholly depends whatkind of trafic you have in front off you, whem it's a big bird, you might slow down way before you're points. At LHR or AMS, you'll be flying already way before on 180 kts because of traffic...John

Guest vrandar

Indeed, I was assuming no traffic in front.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.