Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jonnypiano

Airbus A320 Odd Problems

Guest Jonnypiano

I have a problem with the PSS Airbus Pro Package, I don't know whether anybody else has this problem, but here it is:First of all, some of the knobs and dials animate extremely slowly. For example the knobs on the autopilot will not move for a good few seconds after clicking them, so I don't know whereabouts they're clicking to. Plus, the values in the autopilot windows, e.g. the altitude selection, moves extremely slowly also, and only moves fast in the attitude indicator. My spec is as follows:1.8Ghz AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Processor512mb DDR PC3200 RAMSapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card2x 80gb Hard DiskMSI KT4AV MotherboardSecondly, I when I run the A321v, and press keypad 2 to view over the glareshield, I get the following error over a black background:"Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexistent directory: cprogram filespsstexture. Click OK to continue".Odd, considering I installed the PSS straight from the setup file, formatted, and did that again and it still does it. Any ideas and help greatly appreciated.Jonathan

Guest zip

Check that the system panel is not checked from the FS drop down menu. That can cause a lot of problems, including the one you describe. Hope this helps.

Guest Jonnypiano

Okay, well the animation problem has miraculously fixed itself, but I still have that error. I looked for an 'FS Drop Down Menu', don't know exactly which one you mean...?ThanksJonathan

Guest ajmitch1951

First problem Jonathan - have you recently downloaded and installed the new panel.cfg file? It made my Airbus behave exactly as you are describing - which is how it used to behave before the A320 series was reworked for FS2004. I went back to my previous panel.cfg and problem gone.Second problem - in your main Flight Simulator 9 folder should be a directory called 'PSS' - inside that should be directories for :Airbus A3XXFSUIPC extrasNavDatatextureand the following files:a3xx_uni.data3xx_uni.inia3xx_uni.lngIf you have the Dash 8 as well, there will also be a 'Dash 8' directory and files of the type above for the Dash 8.The texture folder contains textures for the cockpit, wheels, engine fans etc. - props in the case of the Dash 8For some reason after re-installing the Dash 8 on my PC, the Airbus entries were deleted from the PSS folder and I received the error that you are describing. Fortunately I had a backup and was able to put the files back where they belong.Tony

Guest Jonnypiano

The only directory I don't have in that PSS folder is 'FSUIPC Extras', but that's because I chose not to install FSUIPC with the Airbus as I already have the 3.2 version of it anyway.I don't have the Dash 8.The slow animation problem just 'went' a few days ago anyway, so the only problem now is that directory problem.ThanksJonathan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.