Sign in to follow this  

File Library search engine

Guest Stamatis

Guys,First, I'd like to point out that your text:airbus a340 searches for the phrase "airbus a340"is not correct.If you search with these keywords, the search comes up with files that do not contain airbus a340 as a phrase.The search treats airbus and a340 as two separte keywords.Try it yourselves, and see that for example the file aerodesigns_a340_south_african_airways.zip comes up, which does not contain this phrase anywhere in the title or description. But it does contain the words airbus and a340 in separate locations.Now, I need to ask some questions regarding the search logic because I often come up with strange results:1) When one enters two or more keywords in a search field, are they treated with the "AND" or with the "OR" logic? Can this be set by the user? This is a very important feature, in my opinion.2) Can we search for a phrase instead of a word? If affirmative, do we enter the phrase inside quotes? Otherwise how will the software understand it is a phrase and not as a series of keywords?3) Why when I typed in the "Name and/or Description" field the keywords "FFX 737-300" (without the quotes) does it comes up with 0 (zero) finds? There are numerous 737-300's by FFX in the Library.Best RegardsStamatis