Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

340 FMS selects wrong ILS...improper lineup...ldg memo

A couple questions for PSS tech support:Saw a couple of glitches in a long A340-300 flight I need some help with.First, during the climb, I got the LDG INHIBIT memo. It stayed on until, in an attempt to clear it, I pressed the T/O Config Test button, at which time the takeoff config check came up and I could not make it go away through the rest of the flight. What causes the LDG INHIBIT memo to activate? And if one inadvertently enters the takeoff config check mode in flight, how do you turn it off?On the ILS approach into KLAX, I entered the proper ILS freq for rwy 25L (109.9), but the FMS selected the opposite-direction localizer to 7R. I was intercepting a 30 nm final to 25L on the east side of the field. How do I force the FMS to use the correct localizer when the freq is used for both possible runways? Rwy 25L was selected in the flt plan, and the approach to 25L was also selected in the CDU page.Last, I hand flew the approach after much hassle getting the ILS freq to come up properly. With the CDI and glideslope indexes dead-center, the airplane was lined up for a landing between rwys 25L and 25R...no way an automatic approach would have been able to make the rwy on that one.Your inputs, please.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sign in to follow this