Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nephron10

Dead battery...

Guest Nephron10

Hello,I have a feeling this might have been asked but I

Guest Nephron10

Thanks for the quick reply.I have the default cessna flight when starting up FS9I usually fly from the "Create a flight"I have also tried electric_always_available=1to no availAny way to restore the battery ?RegardsEF

Guest Phoenix_7

if the Cessna is saved with the engines running, avionics onyou should have no problems when creating a flight John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi John,I'm having this problem too. But I think in different way..When I want to fly with your bus, I start a flight with the Cessna, And only after that I change for your bus. Everything change accordingly. However, after 10 minutes or so, all power goes down (radios and lights completly off), despite the avionics are still on.And the same happen when I finish a flight. The only way I can get radios back on again (and lights) is starting one engine. Wich is normal if I hadn't the APU runing....The most strange thing, is the I have another model (IFDG) runing with your panel, I made correspondent changes oon aircraft.cfg, regarding lights, weights and so on, and with that model, I don't have this kind of problem.!!!!! I thought it was a gauge problem or something like that, but this confuses me....Thanks in advance.Miguel

Guest bjornhall

Hi Miguel,If you don't already have an [electrical] section in your aircraft.cfg (the PSS buses lack on by default), you can try adding this to the bottom of the aircraft.cfg:[electrical] ;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)max_battery_voltage=24.0generator_alternator_voltage=28.0max_generator_alternator_amps=150.0flap_motor = 0, 1 , 7.0gear_motor = 0, 1 , 7.0autopilot = 0, 1 , 7.0avionics_bus = 0, 1, 7.0avionics = 1, 5 , 7.0pitot_heat = 0, 1 , 7.0additional_system = 0, 1, 7.0marker_beacon = 1, 1 , 7.0gear_warning = 0, 1 , 7.0fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 7.0starter1 = 0, 10, 7.0starter2 = 0, 10, 7.0light_nav = 0, 1 , 7.0light_beacon = 0, 1 , 7.0light_landing = 0, 1 , 7.0light_taxi = 0, 1 , 7.0light_strobe = 0, 1 , 7.0light_panel = 0, 1 , 7.0light_recognition = 0, 1 , 7.0light_wing = 0, 1 , 7.0light_logo = 0, 1 , 7.0It will delay the dead battery issue for about 60-90 minutes in normal use. It will not affect anything else (that I know of), since PSS did a great job at modelling the electrical systems through the gauges alone. The dead battery issue that remains is, AFAIK, the result of the default fs2k2/2k4 electrical modelling remaining in the background, and the above code will modify this MS FS electrical modelling to better suit aircraft where the visible electrical modelling is handled through the gauges. If the [electrical] section is not present in the aircraft.cfg, the sim will assume some default values (specified in the relevant MS SDK's), which will result in the battery running flat in just a few minutes with lights and avionics on. BTW, not even the default MS aircraft use the default values for the [electrical] section; they all have a custom section in their aircraft.cfg. I believe PSS should include code like the one above in their future products!Best,/Bj

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi Bjorn,Well, in one word: THANKS!!!!!I did'nt try ity yet, but I'm sure your tip will solve it! Thanks a lot. Best wishes to you ans yours.MiguelPortugal Euro2004 :-)

Guest zip

There is a bug in FS9's electrical circuit as simulated that can cause the battery never to recharge because of the way the logic is done. Even if you have the APU circuit running, or the engines running with generators on, the simulator logic still doesn't recharge the battery. This is a source of many issues with advanced add-ons including the PSS.If you have FSUIPC registered, just set the battery life to 0 on the tech property page which will extend battery life indefinitely (so, you never run out of battery power).On the PSS, dead battery = no gear and other odd behavior.

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,That small electrical section did the trick in fact. Now I have battery for what time I need. And this should be the case if the ASPU is running!!!!.....I just wonder why PSS didn't sorted this out! Doesn't take the credit out for the great plane, but sometimes I don't get it.....Continue the good work.Miguel

Guest aca_dia

Maybe I missed it, but is there a registration or password for FSUIPC so that it will function with the Dash-8? I know it will have limited functions, but I am unable to access the section with the battery setting. I see a few mentions about reading the FAQ at the top of the forum for this, but I am not seing any FAQ here now. I just got the Dash-8 last night and I am having issues with losing power in flight. The odd thing is that the lights and radios are still on but I lose all flight instruments. Perhaps I am missing something in the checklist, but I cant fingure out what.I get the same result if I load FS9 with the default cessna flight with the engine running. Douglas

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.