Sign in to follow this  
Guest tezbedz

Panel Clickspots- Do they still work?

Guest tezbedz

Hi,I have tried to install the "panel Clickspots" gauges by Gary Colwell from the "User Edits" into the new FS9 Panel.I used it when I had the 'bus installed in FS2002 and they were a great help.I have followed the instructions as far as I can see, extracted Pssclickspots.zip to Gauges and amended the panel.CFG, but it does not seem to work.Has anyone managed to make it work with FS9 and if so could you let me know what I have missed.ThanksTerry

Guest tezbedz

HiFurther to the above does anyone Know where to site the Pushback gauge, I had it installed in FS 2002 and cannot remember where i put itThanksTerry

Hi Terry,In the Window Titles Area addWindow**=GroundhandlingUnder Windows00 Section addgauge**=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 109,460,20,20[Window**]size_mm=98,50ident=10005visible=0window_size= 0.15,0.1window_pos= 0.205, 0.545background_color=16,16,16gauge00=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 0, 0, 25, 18gauge01=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 25, 0, 24, 18gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterParkingbrake, 49, 0, 24, 18gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 73, 0, 25, 18gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 0, 18, 43, 32gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedFS2004, 43, 18, 30, 32 //NOTE-1//gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedNoBrakes, 43, 18, 30, 32 gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!BrakePressure, 73, 18, 25, 32gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge08=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge09=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge10=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 95Changing the ** as required.This should put the gauges in the correct place and resize.regardsKeith

Guest dschaum

I too need help. The click spots don't work after I installed everything according to the directions. Is this an FS9 issue? I ask because the directions say FS2002.

Guest Peter Wobig

Hi Folks,yes, it's been some trouble to make the clickspots work.I found out that it's obviously a problem with the .cab file that couldn't be extracted by FS.To solve the problem follow this instruction:1. Create a subdirectory to the "Gauges"-directory and name it >PSSAirbusClickspots<2. Find the "PSSAirbusClickspots.cab" in your Gauges Directory3. Copy the contents of the PSSAirbusClickspots.cab-file into the new PSSAirbusClickspots-directory (you remember step 1 ?)[Note: you can open the .cab-file just by double-click on the filename]4. rename the PSSAirbusClickspots.cab into PSSAirb...bak (or any other funny name)Now it should work ! No need to edit the panel.cfg when you keep exactly the file-/directory-names given.Good Luck and always happy landingsPeter

Hi Peter,For some strange reason, I can't get this to work. I am probably doing the wrong thing. Which PSSairbusclickspots file gets renamed? The one in the gauges folder or the new PSSairbusclickspots folder? If you don't edit the panel.cfg file, how does FS9 know where to put the clickspot? I already have default clickspots for each window, but I don't know how to edit or change them.I contacted the original author of the clickspot gauge and he said that his modification does not work in FS9.Glad you apparently got it to work, so maybe I need a little more detail on how to set it up correctly. Thanks for your kindness in helping!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest Peter Wobig

Hi Airbus (did your parents call you so ?),probably I didn't explain it the right way, sorry. It seems the babylonic windows terminology takes a little responsability for this as earlier versions talk of "directories" and now they're called "folder".Anyway, I try it again ;-))The clickspot gauges are compressed in a .cab-file calledPSSAirbusClickspots.cab. You should have this file in your Gauges-Folder within FS9. As the clickspots didn't work, I found that FS had obviously problems to extract the gauges from this .cab-file. Curiously there is no problem with other .cab-files which for example Microsoft uses as default too. I solved this problem with doing this job (the xtraction of the gauges) for the flightsim by myself.So, try to follow these steps:1.create a new subfolder(!!) to the gauges-folder and name it "PSSAirbusClickspots" 2. use the windows explorer to find the FILE PSSAirbusClickspots.cab within the gauges-folder.3. doubleclick on the filename "PSSAirbusClickspots.cab" to open this archive. There should be 8 files in this archive: one .bmp and seven .xml files. Copy and paste these eight files into the new created subfolder "PSSAirbusClickspots". Now they are extracted from the archive.4. You now have to rename the .cab-file for preventing irritations.(Just change the suffix from .cab to .bak or anything else)Why is there no need to change the panel.cfg ? In the syntax of the panel.cfg there is no difference between the path leading to an archive-file (.cab) or to a subfolder.For example:The expression"gauge12=PssAirbusClickSpots!MCDU, 340,464,34,34" just mean, that gauge number 12 is found under path pssairbusclickspotsmcdu.xml (or .gau) no matter if the folder pssairbusclickspots is a folder or an archive. So, if you keep the name, you don't have to edit the panel.cfg.Well, that's it. Hope to have explained it better now. If there's still trouble post back. (My english is not perfect at all, I take resonsability to this ;-)Wish you good luckPeter

Hi Peter,Got it working! Thanks a bunch! Now I can fly with the VFR panel and still open the other windows like before.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Peter,I've tried this many times, but I can not get the cab file to extract the 8 individual files. Does anyone have any suggestions!Rick

Guest FlightSimSaurus

The problem I found is the .zip file is within another zip file which is where the .cab files are located.If you excact the first zip you're only placing another zip file in the folder. Instead you need to go one more level in unzipping to get to the .cab files.Worked for me just last week. And they work well although I had to modify the panel file again to get rid of the flicker mouse and unability to take off. Seems like second nature now.

I have followed all the directions exactly as stated above and am using FS9. In VFR view the button for the MCDU toggles VFR & IFR and does not bring up the MCDU. Also, the clickspot that's supposed to bring up the lower ECAIS display brings up the upper ECAIS display instead. All the other clickspots work just fine.Any ideas?DougDell 8250 (3.06GHz/533FSB)1GB Rambus RAM120MB ATA 100 (7200 RPM)ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst 4.5)Audigy 2 Sound (latest drivers)MS Force Feedback 2WindowsXP Pro (SP1)DirectX 9.0b

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Same problem as Doug.help appreciated.thanksDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.