Sign in to follow this  
Guest SalinaChan

A330/40 runway alignment problem

Guest SalinaChan

Hello folks!i have noticed the following problem with my 330/340 series in "Century of Flight" I have been using the Airbus for some time now and this problem came up for the last few days (but not in FS2002 nor with the 320series in either COF or FS2002 - both using the same navdata cycle and same airbus versions)the plane is sitting on the runway ready to go, IRS alignment done, position is correct, heading too but the runway on the screen is pointing to the right...about 20 degrees i'd say. After take off the plane tries to catch up with its "virtual runway heading" before starting to follow the flight plan. Same sight when landing...furthermore, it seems to be related to where i am....it happens in KLAS, KSEA and CYYC but not in EDDFAny ideas would be very much appreciated, i have no real idea what to do....Salinawww.toomuchfs.comhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81766.jpg

Guest Niels_C

Hi Salina,I haven't got the faintest clue if it'll help, but try to get the latestAIRAC from www.navdata.at and see if it helps.

Guest SalinaChan

well, navdata is down at the moment, but i am using the same cycle on the A330/340 for FS2002 and the problem is not there...maybe it can get resolved with the new cycle once it is published, i guess in the meantime i should just try to ignore the problem....unless of course it comes up then as well.....anyways, thanxs for trying to help, if anyone has any additional comments, i am desperate to hear themSalina

Try to deactivate the addon sceneries on by one. In FS2002 one add-on scenery caused this problem for me (I deleted all the

Guest SalinaChan

Hello Hakan!i remember having a problem like this on FS2002 as well, i think witha Toronto Mesh Scenery, but that one was not limited to one plane such as it is now.Nevertheless, i have tried disengaging all add on sceneries and also the AF2*.bgls to no avail.I have tried it again at different fields because i thought maybe it is related to magnetic deviations but no....it is strong in ANchorage and Mexico City, but everything is okay in Frankfurt, Stockholm and Singapore....SalinaWSSS/EDDF

This has something to do with your AFCAD files. some of them are corrupted for your FS9 and you should delete them.

Guest SalinaChan

Thank you for the advice, i have tried it but it was not helpful. Still the same deviation as before. I have also tried a number of fields where there was no modification done to the AFCADs and there is still the problem.This is really starting to be a lot more time consuming then i thought, and i guess the next logical step would only be reinstalling evertything...how dreadful, but i shall wait a little more, maybe the new navdata cycle can help or another idea comes up...SalinaWSSS/EDDF

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.