Sign in to follow this  
Guest zip

glideslope capture problems - Airbus pro series

Hi, I've now repeated the same flight three times and experiencing a vertical glidslope capture problem. My test airport is Denver because I know it well since I control thereFirst, avionics and master battery are on, and FSUIPC has extended battery on.The radio nav page in the MCDU shows properly the ILS localizer frequency for the runway, both in LSK1 and LSK3. The course is also properly set. The runway is selected in the APP page. When I switch to ILS mode, the proper freq is selected.I'm getting perfect horizontal capture (lateral, but no dot whatsoever on vertical. I am simply not receiving vertical at all, and only the horizontal is displayed on the PFD (as in the magenta diamond only shows for horitontal, not vertical). ILS mode shows the proper frequency, LOC and G/S show arm, LOC becomes active but never G/S until I cross the threshold of the runway at whatever altitude the capture started. Near the threshold of the runway, the G/S then becomes active on the PFD and shows VS+0000.This happens in single or dual AP configurations.I have read and re-read the manual, this board, and I am intercepting approx 1,000 feet below the glidslope.I have been able to manually fly down, but without any glideslope indicator.What can cause the vertical glide slope capture not to function at all when all the other funtions (as far as I can tell) work properly?Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Update!I just repeated the flight with a succesful g/s capture. I did not manually enter or try to alter the ILS freq. Instead, I used the ARR button and selected the runway.

Sign in to follow this