Sign in to follow this  
Guest BABabyBus

Please Help me PSS.......A340 stutters!!

Guest BABabyBus

Hello everyone (my 3rd ever message here)I have just got my copy of Airbus A340 Pro(on cd),installation was fine it was only when i started loading up the aircraft it all started going wrong, i am noticing the panels are not good on the FPS compared to the PSS AB pro panel, and the virtual cockpit does not seem to be smooth when looking around(again silky smooth on the A320 pro package)but outside is the most disappointing, the both the 330 and 340 seems to stutter A LOT.(not a problem on the AB320 pro)I have read all the topics concerning this issue (reducing refresh rates via the MCDU) and it

Guest Phoenix_7

the CD version is supported by www.justflight.complease contact support@justflight.comfor info on the patch for the 330/340John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest BABabyBus

Great thank you for your reply John.To save me wondering the whole weekend have you heard or are you aware of a patch?If anyone else knows of the patch for the CD version i am talking about please just confirm if one exists as it is the weekend and i need something to help pass the time till monday till support reply.Many ThanksPaul(BABabyBus)

Guest vrandar

No there isn't a patch but there are a couple of tweaks to the lift_scalar in the aircraft.cfg to make the airplane fly the approach a lot better:* A330: in the flaps.0 sec tion change lift_scalar to 0.65* A340: as above and change the lift_scalar to 0.8

Guest BABabyBus

NO PATCH FOR THIS STUTTERING!! O great!!Thanks for the advice Rob i would love to have got as far as the landing :-( but to be honest the constant stuttering and jerking was making me so frustrated that i bailed before that stage!Thanks anyway everyone!!Paul

Guest Niels_C

Hi Paul,Make sure to enter FS after a fresh boot. No messing with large apps oranything like it. Also disable whatever you don't need to run in thebackground.XP2000+ is hardly a "superrig", the rest of your h/w looks ok though.

Guest BABabyBus

Hey thanks for the info Niels but i have done two things to my system now to help me with the stutters they are not COMPLETELY gone but i would say 95% gone.I have done1) I had my frame rates on unlimited (i assume this was from a tuning session i had been doing previously) this turned out to be a silly setting to have because my fps were jumping from 35-27 a difference of 10fps or so was causing the stuttering i simply changed my FPS to be locked @ 28FPs it has helped a lot the diff between 27-28 is NOT really noticeable!!2)I also have changed the textures to DXT3 which reduces the detail and as you may know or not shows barely any texture difference compared to 32bit(what they are currently painted in when they are installed)Now PSS A340 pro runs PRETTY SWEET and i am rather happy and completed my first circuit today!Paul P

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.