Sign in to follow this  
BoHappy

autoland nose pitch up stall

hii know this topic has been covered before but i am still confused and need helpwhen flying A320 (or 19, 21), on final approach approxiamtely 10-20 miles out i slow down the plane and fly the appropriate altitude and interseption for the ILS locolizer. I activate the approach phase, and subsequently employ flaps and place the plane back in the managed mode for speed and locolizer. The plane then slows down and starts pitching up the nose very high and finally stalls and crashes before the runway. I have followed the tutorial step by step and on multiple approaches the same thing happens - stall and crash.However, when i fly the approach and control the autopilot speed manually i have no problems landing.Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong and how to fly a pure managed mode autoland. How many miles before the runway to deply flaps etc.Thank youBo

Bo Klop

Guest vrandar

If you go to the aircraft.cfg file in your ../aircraft/PSSA320 folder there is a section called [flaps.0]. In this section will be an entry called lift_scalar. Change the value to 1.42 and you should find the excessive nose up attitude on approach is corrected the next time yu start FS and load first a default aircraft then your A320.

I just looked in my PSSA329 aircraft.cfg file for the lift_scalar section, but could not find it. Could you please provide a little more detail on where it is?Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest vrandar

Sorry, something happened with my original post and a crucial bit got missed off.In the aircraft.cfg file there is a section called flaps.0. In this section there should be a lift_scalar entry and this should read 1.42. If it is not there or it reads any other value change it to 1.42. My flaps.0 section is as follows:[Flaps.0]type=1span-outboard=0.500000extending-time=20.000000system_type=1flaps-position.0=0.000000,0.000000flaps-position.1=7.998491,0.000000flaps-position.2=15.996982,0.000000flaps-position.3=23.995472,0.000000flaps-position.4=31.993963,0.000000flaps-position.5=39.992454,0.000000lift_scalar = 1.42

Hi Robthanks for the replyi am out of town for a week but hopefully will fix this problem as mentioned above within few days.i also had a chance to look at your website and its great. it would be nice if you can get few people together and fly A320 on Vatsim with few pointers at different levels of flightthanksBo

Bo Klop

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.