Sign in to follow this  
Guest copilots

A340-500 evolution

Guest copilots

Dear PSS,I've run into a bit of a problem. I wasn't planning on letting anybody know about my project until its done, but I've finally packed it in and am seeking a higher authorities' advice. On FlightSim.com there are two -500s for FS9. One has a good model, the other has a good *.air and aircraft.cfg. So I thought of merging the two and ironing out the problems and tweaking here and there to match the real aircraft as much as possible. This was fairly painless.Then I thought it would be great to merge it with your A340 panel, so started working on that. Played around with the flaps, so that the ECAM is happy. So far so good. Played with the autopilot and that worked well. Now this was as far as I was going to go with it before painting it. But a little voice in my head said give it a test flight. So I set up the aircraft for a complete flight including the FGMC, tuned the navaids in and everything is working. Got airborne and everything still seems hunky-dorey. Autopilot followed the FGMC commands on NAV and OP CLB, and the aircraft responded well. When it came to tracking or intercepting the ILS, the avionics 'died'. I mean the panel was still showing me everything and I could tune in navaids and ATC freqs, but the deviation bar/dots wouldn't displace, I couldn't request anything from ATC nor could I hear any other chatter. This used to happen with the A320 package in FS2002 when, I guess, the fligth sim didn't recognize a GPU/APU. ie. During the preflight, although the aircraft was live, I couldn't tune in the ATIS after a certain period of time, until I had one of the engines running.Any ideas?Cheers.P.S.Of course all due credit would go to you in this project and I won't be including any PSS files either - only links. eg. The panel.cfg would have the link to your A340 panel.

Guest copilots

Dear PSS,don't worry, Flight sim glitch. Its all sorted out now.Cheers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.