Sign in to follow this  
baldk9

Major problems with Pro series

I am at wit's end. I recently purchased the Pro series but I am yet to get the A/C in the air for an extended perior. I acan hand fly it to a certain altitiude but when I engage the autopilot the A/C takes a an incorrectable dive. I also purchased the 330 series and have no problem flying this A/C. Any suggestions?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Hi GunnyI read your post today and as you were at your wits end i thought i would try and help. Firstly you have given the forum an almost impossible task as there are no details of your system or the flight that you are trying to accomplish. However from the rest of your post i think you have some experience of flying airbusses, so this is my twopennyworth suggestion for you, since i have flown many successful flights with the A320 and it behaves beautifully on autopilot. I think you need to find a tutorial flight and set up the plane exactly how it says even if it is not how you would nornally set it up, then you have a reference point for posting on here if something goes amiss. Then others could set up the same flight as they often do on here and report on their findings compared to yours and find the problems that way. I would be prepared to do that with you should it be necessary. Especially as when u swithch over to autopilot it seems to go pear shaped for you, may indicate that the autopilot is trying to follow some parameter that you have entered and can do nothing else but what it does. So take one step back and try this remedy then report how it goes and when it fails, then i am sure the gurus on here can help solve your problems. Have a great flightJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest vrandar

Have you downloaded the revised panel.cfg (see top of forum)? It's necessary to fly the A320 properly under FS9.If that doesn't work we'll look at other solutions.

John thanks for the reply. I have been a flt. simmer for many years and hold a current pilot license for fixed wing single engine. My problem with the Pro series is that my controls feel sluggish when trying to fly manually and when I palce the a/c on autopilot I get a immediate nose down, result in a crash. Now I have place the new panl cfg on board and I have followed the tutorial relegiously, with the same results. I have a brand new Dell bought less than a year ago. I have recently purchased the B-737NG series and that works fine. Matter of fact the 330 series flys beautifully and I am completly satisfied with it. But this is driving me nuts. Thanks for the help.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Hi again Gunny,from your reply you are miles in front of me in the real world, i have just had about a dozen lessons in a Cessna, so you must have set up your A320 well. I do remember when the Pro series first came out in the tutorial it said to set up in the "FMC" 3/DN 0.7 for the flap and trim section, but since reading on here that the plane behaves better on 3/UP 2.0 that is how I always set up my flights but of course this is a stab in the dark. How about you tell me exactly what tutorial you are flying and where to find it and i will also do the tutorial to the letter and we can exchange findings. We do of course need some common references...like no external weather for a test flight. The A320 behaves beautifully for me generally and its a shame you are not enjoying the same, but with some common testing i am sure we can come to the bottom of it. I will also leave you a contact e-mail if you would like it. john_calleja88@hotmail.comI have to say that i use the A320 for my "technical " flights and enjoy setting up the "FMC" so apart from initial take off and the last few hundred ft of the landing most of my time is in autopilot so I do not have much experience of how the plane should fly manually, but lets see if we can find your nose down autopilot problemcheers for nowJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

It sounds like somehow you're getting a bunch of nose-down trim before engaging the A/P. The A/P flies the jet with trim, not with elevator. Try checking the trim setting on the flight control page of the ECAM just before engagement.How rapid is the pitch-down at A/P engagement?What vertical mode is selected at the time of A/P engagement? What is the cruise FL (in the FCU) and the currently selected altitude in the MCDU aititude select window?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest neerajpendse

Hi,I purchased the Airbus Pro a few days ago and I am facing the same issues - no matter what alt I plugged into the AP, it nose dives! I read the "flight tutorial" to Tenerife, and entered the flight plan, no weather and I could barely takeoff, but the plane was not stable with the trim "adjusting" somethingAfter reading the "Systems" doc, I followed the BA Virtual tutorial- and set the throttle to FLX 42, in managed speed mode. But the AP keeps increasing and decreesing the throttles until the end of the runway, the plane never takes off!I am at my wits end also. :-(

Just out of curiosity, what is set in the MCDU for cruise altitude?RegardsBob

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.