Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Help with A320 Elevator

Here is a picture of the PSS A320 with a very unusal position for the elevator. For some reason this does not happen all of the time. I am trying to determine the cause. I am using FS9 with a CH Yoke and a Saitek joystick. I use the joystick on the A320. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?Thanks!Airbushttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78435.jpg

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest mikado

I've noticed this too - I took it to be the normal rest position with all power off. Perhaps someone will say if I'm wrong in this?

Guest vrandar

Go the buttons below the lower ECAM and press F/CTL which will bring up the flight controls page on the lower ECAM. Look at the pitch trim in the middle of the screen. For takeoff under FS9 so that you can hold v2+10 you will probably need a trim setting of -2.0UP (not necessary under FS2002). The setting you've got in the photo looks very much like 2.5DOWN or even more. To change your trim setting you can either use the keypad on the right of the keyboard (with numlock off); press 1 to bring the trim up, 7 to take it down. Or you can use the End key (up) and the Home key (down).A year or so back for a couple of weeks I had my transmit key for online VATSIM ATC on my joystick inadvertently set to the same setting as the down trim key with the result that I couldn't rotate - every time I contacted ATC I was putting the trim further down. Huge embarrassment. You might wish to check this isn't the cause. I don't think it will be , I guess you have just saved a flight with this rather excessive down trim.

Guest mikado

RobPerhaps you're the right person to ask - is my assumption above the correct one?Tony

Hi:Are you starting Flight Simulator with the A320? Make sure that your default flight/situation is saved with a Fight Simulator airplance (like the Cessna). After loading/starting, then make the switch to the A320. I do that with all my add-on aircraft.Happy flying!Fabio

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,To Mikado: No, it is not related to power off. The most you'll getfrom a Bus powered down is control surfaces drooping or hanging. Tryto look up a picture on airliners.net or similar. I recall seeingseveral pics of Air Tahiti Nui jets parked with 'hanging' controls.Fabio: You say it only happens some of the time? Is it before or aftera flight? One of the early 'bugs' in the PSS A320 was associated withlanding, where the horizontal stabiliser would do such a thing afterlanding. It is patched though. Do you have the CD version?Hope it helps, and have safe flights.

Guest BABabyBus

Hello everyone, (my second ever post)My apologies for butting in on this discussion, but I am having real problems with this elevator 'issue', I have posted and seen a couple of discussions relating to the problem we are having.I would just like to say that judging by the picture the elevator has NOT just flipped down(or up sometimes with me situation) in fact if you had watched several instant replays of the landings you had done this problems occurs about 1/2 way through the first instant replay, so I thought I should calibrate my controls i did, set all the controls using FSUIPC but this problem still occurred, I then removed it from my modules folder in the main FS2002 folder(not sure if that was a dumb thing to do but i WAS desperate to stop this problem) that did work for a couple of weeks but then suddenly it started going wrong.I don

Guest mikado

NilsThanks for reply but I have often wondered what the diamond shaped objects are where the tailplane is fixed to the body of the aircraft!Best regardsTony (Mikado)

Guest mikado

NielsSo sorry I mispelled your name - the eyes get a bit weak at this time in the morning here in the UK.Tony

Guest Niels_C

Hi Tony,Ok with spelling though, there are more important issues in an intl.forum.The stabilizer is attached to it, and it moves with the stabilizer on some a/c. Might be mistaken here though, but maybe it is the case with those assemblies that are shaped a bit like hammer-throw areasat athletics. (MD-80's and other). Sorry about the shoddy description,I'm not native to english, a real pilot (or mechanic). Just a modestlyknowing simmer. My dad was an a/c mech once though. Air Greenland.It's mostly i kind of "weather shield". All the funky functions arehidden from view by the - more or less diamondshaped - plates.Safe flights all the same. In increasingly wellmodelled a/c too!

Guest mikado

Hi NielsThanks for your quick reply - I understand you're just as much an Airbus fan as I am. Beautiful aircraft and thanks to PSS we can fly them as well as we can.CheersTony

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.