Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tribhuz

How do I perform these tasks on PSSA320?

Guest Tribhuz

Dear all,I need help on the followings please, I'm using FS2004:1. Is there any way to cancel 'Overfly' function once it is inserted?2. How do I fly Back Course approach? Is it at all possible?3. I can't seem to assign AP connect/disconnet button to my joystick. The problem is that I can't disconnet the AP via joystic button. Is there any way to resolve this? I'm using MS Sidewinder Force Feedback stick.Thank you...Sudip

Guest vrandar

1) No you have to delete the wwaypoint and re-insert it into the flight plan.2)The PSS Airbus is different to the rw version in this respect and doesn't allow you to perform a back course approach(that I have discovered anyway). What should happen is that you put the "front course" ILS frequency into LSK3L on the RAD Nav page then enter the front course CRS at LSK4L. You would then select your runway from the nav data. You would not select ILS on the FCU as this would bring up the reverse data from what you want. Unfortunately when you select the runway it then changes the RAD NAV page data to the correct runway. This is not really surprising as it must be rather complex to write the MCDU code for a back course approach when they seem to be increasingly rare in the real world.3) This is different from a default aircraft which can have the autopilot engaged/disengaged by a joystick button. Unless I'm mistaken with the PSS Airbus yu must press the AP button on the FCU with the mouse.

Guest wheeler_1028

Most airlines do not permit back course ILS approaches to be flown. In fact the back course ILS signal is suppressed at most (if not all) European airfields.

Guest khalpay

Hii AllIf possible pls step by step inform us " Back course flying method "all my besthasanLTBA

Guest wheeler_1028

If a runway only has an ILS installed at one end of the runway, an approach can be made to the other (non-ILS) end using the localiser signal from the ILS equipped end. This is known as a back course approach. It should be noted that there is no vertical guidance (glideslope) with a back course approach. It should also be noted that turns need to be made in the opposite sense to that which is indicated, i.e. if the indication is fly left, you would turn right to intercept the course. Not all aircraft have an autopilot which can fly a back course approach. They are not widely used these days, and most European airfields do not permit back course approaches and most airfields suppress the back course signal of the ILS.Hope that makes sense.....but to be honest, I wouldn't waste your time with them, as they are rarely used in real life and can be quite awkward to fly!

Guest vrandar

...and as mentioned above, they can't be done properly in the PSS Airbus anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.