Sign in to follow this  
Guest cufcskim

PSS & FS9 screenshot series

Guest cs-aso

I'm sorry to mess this series of wonderfull screenshots with a silly question. But, PLEASE, tell me: what's the "secret" of flying the 320 family of PSS Airbus in FS9?Can you help? Thanks.By the way, what about a trip to Namibia?

Guest cufcskim

At th emoment I'm struggling to find sceneries for th eAfrican nations. I have the Aeroworx ones for South Africa but not many others. Any links for sceneries will help prolong my stay int he continent of Africa.As for the A320. I'm using the patch which was withdrawn. The only "bug" I have is the autrotrim on the ground. It's easily solved by manually setting take off trim. Other than that i can't see why so many people made so much fuss.The Dash 8, same setup, the withdrawn patch. Again only one minor problem. The engine torque gauges are inoperative, very easy to live with.I'm sure the guys at PSS will release those new patches as soon as they can. I'm aware there are a few unexpected complications they are trying to work around. Side note: If they need an additional beta tester for any patches or "new" toys then I'll gladly help them out. I'm an experience PSS aircraft flyer, I hold a real world PPL+IFR+TWIN rating. Also, I work in ATC so have an extensive knowledge of aircraft and aircraft performance.......its worth a try ;)

Guest Jambo

Hi ChrisGreat series realy loving the pictures...and planning on following you around on your trips...dont know if you remember the days of the world flight that was done back when PSS had just relesased there 747. They were great fun and added that something extra to FS..used to lonf for each sunday to come round.Anyhow to get to my point...I'd be interested to know more about your system, and add-ons you have etc...what you use for each flight etc.James Carr

Guest Jambo

Hi ChrisTried to copy the attached zip you posted earlier with the flightplans of you intial legs but link broken.You think it possible to post something with all you flight plans on or even a zip containg details of each flight...flightplan..sceneryused etc..What you use for the camera shots? to get the views?James

Guest cufcskim

I guess the attachment was removed.Sorry I don't have the plans anymore.Details of sceneries used are at the start of each post.Flightplans are there too (on most of them).Camera views are FS default

Leg 25 - nice shots.But one question: you landed, and before you put down your front gear, you engange reverse thrust? Man, you risk a lot :)Afaik, usually, one first idles the engines, where speedbrakes automatically deploy, then after the main gear has touched down, you slowly put the nose down and THEN engage reverse thrust. If not like this, you seriously risk plunging nose gear into the ground from the reverse thrust. And I also think that autobrakes are engaged when reverse thrusting, but I might be wrong on this one...So all in all, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Guest GrantT

"but I might be wrong on this one..."It depends what the company SOP's say, the thrust reversers can be opened while the nose wheel is still in the air.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.