Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Autoland for A330

Hello, I am an A330 customer and I have been doing some searching in this forum on how to fix some problems that I've been having with the A330. My first question is how to fix the autoland so that the plane flares and lands normally instead of landing with main and nose gear all at the same time (and lands very hard I might add) so I read a few posts that say that I should change the lift scalar in the aircraft.cfg to .6 or .65, but my question is which lift scalar area do I change, since lift scalar appears three times in the aircraft config, once in each flap settings and then once under aircraft tuning and that one is called crz_lift scalar or something. So once again I am just wondering which one do I change?My second question is, my panel lights don't seem to work in the Virtual Cockpit, has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?I appreciate any help.Thank You,Jeff Smith

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Niels_C

Hi Jeff,In the PSS A320's (I know your Q is about A330), it's the flaps that'sgiven a lift_scalar of ~1.5, but that is to add lift to compensate foran excessive pitch-up on approach. If anything, I'd speculate that if you add lift to the A330/A340, then it'll pitch even more down in order"to get down". Maybe it should be the other way down, but that would perhaps play too much with required lift to maintain flightpath.All in all, I disconnect A/P ~100ft off ground and do a manual pitchup though the yoke (no "main-axis" input). Usually I end up with thatshort artistic pause between "5" callout and touchdown. :-)Hope it helps a bit. Happy flights.

Guest vrandar

You should change the flaps.0 section so that the lift_scalar readslift_scalar = 0.6That will improve the attitude on approach but you can flare and land normally.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.