Sign in to follow this  
KevMac

Is the A330/A340 Worth the money?

All -I just wanted to know what users thought of the A330/340? Is this a plane worth buying? I have been flying Boeings for the last few years including 767PIC, DF737, PMDG737, etc.. and was thinking about taking on the bus? I love realism, so the closer it is to the real thing, the better! I appreciate and look forward to all responses.Thanks!Kevin

Your previous addons have a lot more of simulated systems than on PSS A330/340, and a lot more buttons to activate. If you want an interesting aircraft with a lot of systems and buttons active, you should investigate about A310 from SSW, same aircraft generation as 767 PIC.There is no better payware A340 better than the one from PSS actually, so if you really want a recent Airbus, ok go for it. PSS products are good for both beginners in advanced aircraft addons, or all other users that don't want to spend 1 complete hour to prepare their flight and starting the engines ;). I found PSS products really easier than the products you're talking about.Anyway, you shouldn't be disappointed if you accept an easier addon to operate like A340 PSS.If you're looking for a complicated addon, you may want to look somewhere else.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest Colonel Blimp

Definitely worth the money and PSS's airbus add-ons are pretty well bug free (which makes a nice change). But do read the manual, then read it again and then just study it once more for good measure, otherwise you will crash and burn just off the end of the runway!

Hi there,Speaking as one who flies Boeings mostly, the Airbus A330 (I preferred the A330 over the 340, not sure why) is a real joy to fly and a popular diversion from the Boeing planes.The A330 has a lot to get stuck into and the documentation is the usual good stuff that PSS are known for. In addition, there are a couple of good useful tutorials on flying the jet which will help you grasp the differences in the way the autoflight and on-board navigation systems works, as opposed to their Boeing counterparts.It is a well rounded product and nicely priced, especially if you choose your additional liveries to go with the base product. The cost gets cheaper the more liveries you buy.I fly it a fair amount and enjoy the challenge and the change from flying the Boeing jets.Go for it - you won't disappointed!Good luckkind regards,

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.