Sign in to follow this  
Guest EK330_340

Phoenix A330 performance

Hi,Pretty new to the simulator thing, so probably a dumb question:I'm running the Phoenix A330 pro on FS2004 with a Pentium 4 1.7G and 256mb. The video card is Radeon 7000 with 32mb.The performance is awfull. Stutters, takes a few seconds to switch panels, the screens get updated only every three seconds or so, etc. Not very enjoyable, especially after paying for the A330pro specifically as I'm currently converting from the 777 the A330 and thought this would give me some extra practise.I've turned off external scenery, as I'm not interested in that anyway and followed the Phoenix recommendations as far as FS settings go. Disconnecting the gameport joystick helped a bit (a Microsoft tip), but of course you are then not able to take off as you need the joystick for that (I use the autopilot in the air).My questions is: Would buying a new videocard help much? I don't mind spending the money, if it would mean I could now operate the aircraft in real time. If so, which type/memory size should I buy? Otherwise: More ram? Or software settings (I can't see how those could improve the current bad performance much though).Thanks for your help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Not a dumb question at all.Your processor speed is OK but if you can afford to increase it then I would.Put in another 256mb of ram at least and get a 128 or 256 MB video card.If you do decide to upgrade the Ram in your machine try and convert it to DDR also make sure your videocard Ram is the same and your motherboard can take it,if indoubt check with someone who has knowledge about your system,also what soundcard are you using.I run A330/A340 along with Dash8 and A320 Pro without much hassle on the specs below.Hope this is of some use to you.DaveAthlon 1800XP1024MB DDR Ram256MB DDR GeForce FX5600SoundBlaster Audigy 2 SoundcardDirectx 9.0BMicrosofts Sidewinder ForceFeedBack 2 Joystick

Sign in to follow this