Sign in to follow this  
Guest FredGer

PSS flight plan recognize by FS ATC

Hi everybodyI would like to know if there is any opportunity of making the FS ATC recognize a PSS flight plan. It's always quite a lot work to find the route with the FS Route Planner ;-)Thanks in advance Fred

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Fred,Hmm, *blush*. I actually forget if you can export a MCDU flightplanin MSFS format. If not, make use of a flightplanner of good qualityand make your f/p's there. There are a few out there, forget theirnames though. (FSNav come to mind, but there are more good ones).I have used "Super Flight Planner", and it is pretty ok. Unlike MSFSplanner, you get reasonably realistic polar routes when applicable.

Hi all,In fact, I also believe what's really missing on the MCDU is an export to MSFS format. This is more realistic than to:- Set up a route with a Flight planner.- Export it MSFS format- Import it into MSFS for IFR flight follow up- Import it into the MCDU for IFR flightDoes Phoenix have any plans for this?Kind regardsJohan Tavernier

Hi JohanI think you are absolutely right. Such a tool would be indeed very very useful. But the problem I see is that after a few AIRAC cycles the MSFS nav database (which is not updated) will be so not-up-to-date that it will get impossible to export FMC flight plans accurate. After all its a MSFS problem rather then a PSS FMC problem. But maybe PSS will find a good solution to that problem???RegardsFred

This is what I do.............Plan your flight using 'FSnav'Export it to FS2004.Copy the flight-plan from FSnav into your 'MCDU' manually by minimizing (Click the acorn at the top of the page while you are looking at the flight plan page in FSnav).When you have done this, go back to the 'Flight Planner' in FS2004.Load your flight which will now show in your flight plans in 2004.Fly and enjoy........................Great stuff eh?Dave.P.S. Don't take too much notice of the ATC commands of gaining or losing height, you can always persuade them to enable you to fly at the height you have logged in the 'MCDU'.If it burns Kerosene and makes a noise, I'm interested.

Sign in to follow this