Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

320/330/340Pro - 2 questions

1) I have the biggest troubles hand-flying the 330/340 (didn't try the 320 yet). The plane banks correctly, but tries to increase the bank angle by itself, so I need to counteract in the opposite direction. That's a really weird feeling to literally turn the yoke to the direction I do NOT want to go. Pithing the plane is another difficult task, the plane "jumps" more than it moves smoothly. Do I do something wrong? LPMA is extremely difficult to do (compared to the PMDG 737NG, for instance, which is a dream for hand flying)...2) Can the Airbus panels be used with another (freeware) plane or is it to tightly integrated to the PSS aircraft model?Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Under FS9 I think most pilots have found the Airbuses harder to handle than under FS2002. You are certainly not alone in having problems with hand flying - I find the most difficulty is with smooth approaches and keeping to the runway centre line. One thing you can do for each flight is to change the "onboard flight dynamics". With your particular problem with the bank, right click the INIT key on the MCDU. This brings up various options. If you press next page until you come Controlling Roll using Ailerons and change the entries to 3/5/2000 this will help dampen the roll characteristics. But you might need to play with different settings to see what works for you.PSS quite naturally will not want to comment on your question 2. But if you go to ifdg.net you can download the ifdg A320 model and air file (version 9 has just been released which I'll test this weekend) and merge it with the PSS panel. Neither ifdg nor PSS support this but it can help.

Sign in to follow this