Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave67

EHAM And NavData

Guest dave67

Hi All,Is there anyway of correcting the NavData for Eham to show correctly in the MCDU.As you are probably aware runways 36 and 18 are now 19 and 01 respectively.I have altered the Runway DAT file to read 19L & 19R also 1L &1R with same co-ordinates and frequencies etc.The reason I write this is I have created a flightplan from EGCC to EHAM using the original co-ordinates in NavData and the runways are 18L,C,R & 360L,C,R I get all the waypoints upto the threshold,but if I alter the DAT file to read 19s &01s and fly the same flight I get to within 10 miles of the runway and no more waypoints,(as if the airport doesn't exist).It then keeps me on a heading that takes me away from the airport altogether.Hope this makes sense to someone.Dave

Guest dave67

Yes, updated it to 405 twice and in runway list it still shows 18L,C & R aswell as 36C,L & R and it was checked for PSS Airbus etc.Dave

Dave,> runway list it still shows 18L,C & R as well as 36C,L & RI don't seem to understand your problem. 18 L, C & R (and 36 L, C & R) are the correct runway numbers for EHAM. As far as I know nothing has changed recently.19L/R are the old runway names. They were changed to 18C/L when the new runway 18R was opened in February 2003. So, 19L/R are outdated names which are no longer used.Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

Guest NAVData

Absolutly correct Markus!18L,C,R/36L,C,R are active since 09-2003 ...Kind regards,Richard

Guest dave67

Thank you to those who contributed.I found and used the Afcad programme by Lee Swordy which helped a great deal.Just one more thing,i wasn't aware that EHAM had changed its runways from middle of last year.Dave

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.