Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

A320, trim behaviour

what is wrong with the trim in A320? It is impossible to stabilize the aircraft after positive rate during T/O.

Guest vrandar

Could you give a bit more information abut what you are doing and what exactly happens.

As I'm having exactly the same problem, I will answer.This happens only with A32x series, never had the problem with the A330 for example, especially with Bob Scott diffs.The problem on the A320 is that after T/O, during CLB, when flying manually with a stick, the auto elevator trim just performs strange.It's impossible to stabilize a Nose up pitch, when you do so, the nose will continue to move up/down/up/down etc,like following a wave, never stabilizing.During this event, if I put the lower ECAM in FLT monitoring mode, I can see the elevator trim going from [-1

Thank you , you explained it exactly the way I meant. Is this correct, cause it isnt a problem with the A330/340?

>what is wrong with the trim in A320? It is impossible to>stabilize the aircraft after positive rate during T/O....dear PSS team, - its alot of comments on this - do you have a solution?

Yep, no problem at all with 330/340. If phoenix could tell me what I should copy/paste to A320 CFG's .... ;)

The 320 and 330 use the same trim program, so it shouldnt make a difference.But I see a difference in the airfiles, but cannot remember why I did that.Will you mail me your 330 and 320 aifile to be sure we are working on the same version?Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

>The 320 and 330 use the same trim program, so it shouldnt>make a difference.>>But I see a difference in the airfiles, but cannot remember>why I did that.>>Will you mail me your 330 and 320 aifile to be sure we are>working on the same version?>>Johan>>[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix>Simulation Software[/A]>----->http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd>Unofficial PSS Website...did you find out what the difference from the airfiles are?

Guest MarcoMania

I had the same problem with A330/340 too... but it seemed to me, that it occured when an other program needed some cpu and ram capacity... that's just what I noticed... (I hope I'm wrong, as I don't have the money for a new system ;-))

No, it has nothing to do with your PC. A320 is different from the A330/340, and the A330/340 doesnt have this trim-behaviour. The A320-trim is completely different from what it was in FS2002,and if you read this forum it has a lot of comments/questions on just this fenomen.

Guest Zona

Did we find any solution for this problem?I'm having exactly the same problem with A319, A320 and A321.I have tried everything and I'm pretty angry about the problems now.There has been a lot of complains in the forum about the problem for a long time now so I hope the PSS are working hard to find a solution.I didn't have this problem at all in FS2002BR/Zona

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.