Sign in to follow this  
Guest dennis747

Entering Oceanic Waypoints in A330/340 FMGS

Guest dennis747

Hi, Just tried to set up a flight in the A340 HKG/YVR and I had a problem entering the Lat./Long. waypoints over the Pacific.This is part of the flightplan: ...CALMA G344 CARTO R336 ADK 53N170W 54N160W 54N150W 52N140W...After ADK I tried to enter the 53N170W point using the formats given in the manual but the distance between ADK and 53N170W is 4506 NM!! I am sure I have entered it incorrectly. Can anyone tell me exactly how I should enter these Oceanic Waypoints in the FMGS? Many Thanks!!Dennis

Guest gramaticus

Hello Dennis.Found your post after a search. I'm looking to do the same thing, but EGPF/BIKF.I looked at the reply from Phoenix, but found the reply had been removed by the Moderator.Can you tell me what was the eventual outcome, and was it successful.The Co-ordinates I need are N61 W12.34Best RgdsPaul

Guest gramaticus

Hello John.Thanks for a swift response. The bottom one works just fine.Many Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.