Sign in to follow this  
Gryphon

Ground texture sensitivity

Hi,I am using both the A330 and A340 models and finding that both are very sensitive to ground textures to the point of the gear collapsing whilst taxiiing even wnen well below the MTOW.The worst problem appears to be when holding fopr any length of time the nosewheel suddenly folds for no apparent reason even when parked.Any ideas?Is there a factor that can be changed to decrease the sensitivity?No other aircraft models suffer from this. I am using FS9.CheersRick

I have selected that option, but it seems a bit of a cheat really.Is there a better solution?Rick

I have the same problem with the PSS A330 and the A340. The aircraft bounces along parts of taxiways and runways like they were covered in rubble. Also, when just standing at the gate the aircraft will bounce up and down particularly when switching views. I'm away from home at the moment so I can't test the ignore damage work around but I agree that it is a less than satisfactory fix.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I've turned the damage option off and now the aircraft just bounces up and down as has been said above with lots of smoke every time the wheels make ground contact again.What is causing this?No other aircraft models I have used do this.Rick

As it seems turning on ignore collisions doesn't fix this bug does anyone know of other possible fixes?Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest pss1

Hi John,I get this same issue with the A330/340 at KSEA RWY 32R or 32L. It doesn't repro with RWY 16L or 16R nor with the A319/230/321.It's a clean install, no addon airports except UltimateTraffic.I'm using the modified air files (A330-340_FDE_v1.2E_by_Bob_Scott) that were posted in this newsgroup.Hope this help.PSS1

Guest Phoenix_7

just tried the 330 in FS2004at KSEA runway 34L, don't see a 32Lno problems at all with bouncing, etc,,don't know what would cause thisJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest adrianstorr

Hi all, both my A330 and A340's do this bounce at EGKK when taking off on RWY26L and when taxing to RWY08R along taxiway Juliet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.