Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoM

Qustion about the SID/STAR

Guest PoM

Hello, I see that we have new SID/STARs....will these SID/STARs be able to work with the PSS A330???.....and will this cover most SID/STARs or do I have to go look for websites with the SID/STARs that I want.....Thank you

Guest Phoenix_7

The SID/STAR updates provided by Terry Yingling seem to work well with the 330/340It does not include all the SID/STARS, here is a section from his readme fileIMPORTANT:This is a BETA version. It probably contains errors and it does NOT have all the airports and terminal procedures that the original PSS database has. The procedures it does provide though are current. Back up your old PSS SIDs and STARs. If these procedures do not work for you then all you have to do is restore your old files. When it is determined that the beta works well then I will create a regular cycle of procedures.John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest stang

Hi Chad. I read John's message and it occurred to me that what was quoted may be misleading or at least ambiguous about what will be included in the real run. This first run is a beta true enough but it contains ALL the airports and SIDs and STARs that the DAFIF offers. I just don't want to have anyone think that the finished run will have all the procedures that are in the old database.RegardsTerry

Guest PoM

Ok now that I look at my question I will try to see if I can work around it....When I downloaded the file....will this contain some of the SID/STARs or do I need to also download the SID/STARs seperatleyThank you

Guest stang

>When I downloaded the file....will this>contain some of the SID/STARs or do I need to also download>the SID/STARs seperatleyThere is nothing else to download. The Beta DAFIF procedures I supplied contains all of the airports, SIDs and STARs available in the DAFIF. The DAFIF, however, does not contain all of the procedures that are published in the real world but at least the procedures are current.RegardsTerry

Hello Chad,Major UK airports are missing from the DAFIF data or not covered well, you can download my files and cut and paste them into the main dat file, following the instructions zipped with my files.I have fully covered EGLL and EGCC as well as other airports, I will upload EGKK at the weekend which is also missing from the DAFIF data.I update my files monthly were necessary so they also remain current.These downloads are available via the Crew Room at http://www.elitejets.co.uk/Simon

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.