Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

MCDU Flight Plan Downloads?

As some people, including myself, have problems loading a proper flight plan to the 'MCDU' would it not be a good idea and helpful for a download section to enable flightplans that 'MCDU' experts have flown to be made available to others?I know that it' is possible to load a flight plan from the program but, there is a lot of missing data in doing it this way. This would also help while checking the plan, ZFW etc settings so that we can all learn through experience.Thanks in anticipation. Dave.If it burns Kerosene and makes a noise, I'm interested.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest vrandar

I would strongly recommend getting hold of FSBuild2 from www.fsbuild.com as this exports to PSS Airbus format and is a very good flight planner.

>I would strongly recommend getting hold of FSBuild2 from>www.fsbuild.com as this exports to PSS Airbus format and is a>very good flight planner.Thanks for the advice but after reading this review, I find that the price is prohibitive for my needs.*Ok, first off, this is a fairly well written program, and it does in fact do flight planning, but, even given that, I can't say it's worth the investment.I tried it for use with both X-Plane 7.10 and MS Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004. X-Plane had the biggest problem. Once I got it to export the flight plan, and put it in the right folder, it was in the wrong format for use with X-Plane. Rather curious as it claims to be compatible. Perhaps with an earlier version, I don't know, but I have my doubts that the flight plan format was changed. At any rate, I was unable to successfully use it for X-Plane.It worked fine for MSFS, both 2002 and 2004, but, to be honest, it does not have the fuctionality to make it any better than the native MSFS flight planner. It essentially does the exact same thing, and, in some cases, I had to change the plan in MSFS flight planner so that it would start from a gate as opposed to a runway threshold. Annoying, but still functional.A better program, with significantly more functionality for MSFS 2002/04 (though, alas, not X-Plane), is FSNavigator. Not only does FSNav integrate with MSFS, it also is used as a replacement to the native flight planner and GPS and can control the autopilot functions.Overall, this is a decent flight planner, but only if that's all you want.**Dave.If it burns Kerosene and makes a noise, I'm interested.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest vrandar

But FSNav (which I also have) does not handle airways well. They are on the map but if you look at the flight plan all it will have is massive series of waypoints rather than the more realistic airways as produced by Fsbuild.

Guest vrandar

But of course it depends what you are comfortable with, there are no right and wrong answers here.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.