Sign in to follow this  
Guest ralphster

odd fault with pitch control on the A340

Guest ralphster

HiI have encountered an odd fault with pitch control on the A340.It seems to start when you pass the last point in the FMG flight plan, but not always. It also seems to be associated with being in Track/FPA, but not always.What happens is that whilst hand flying, the aircraft loses all response to pitch input, but just remains in level flight. Full up and down stick produce full elevator deflection on the ECAM flight control page, also the aircraft resopnds to pitch trim inputs but the Track/FPA symbol remains stuck in level flight. On some flights I find that continuing round the route, pitch control returns, only to disappear a bit later on.Examples.Airborne from JFK 31R, self position to ASALT for a Canarsie to 13. On passing the CRI/041/2.6 point whilst hand flying, the fault appears.Airborne from Heathrow on 27L, BPK6G. Hand flying, non-flight directed in Track/FPA (what a hero!) past BPK. The fault appears. I pass LAM, pitch control returns. Closing the ILS for 27L, I lose it again, but the autopilot can fly it fine.

Guest ralphster

The more I look into this, it definitely relates to going past a MCDU waypoint whilst handflying in track/FPA, flight directors off, suddenly pitch control ceases, although the elevators still move on the flight control page, and the autopilot can still fly it.If I fly the same route, but with no waypoints in the MCDU flight plan, then no problem.NB I have this problem on two pc's, one of which is a clean install on a brand new pc of the latest version.regds

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.