Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyrider

A320 - Real World Weather QNH Update Problem...

Guest skyrider

I have noticed that when using the real-world weather facility, the altimeter does not appear to get updated with the new QNH, although this normally happens with default aircraft & other add-ons.Whilst I can guess at the QNH for the departure airfield by knowing it's elevation, I cannot do this for the arrival airfield until after landing, which is a bit late!Does anyone know how to resolve this one, please?Doug

Guest Phoenix_7

as in the real world you must obtain the departure, arrival QNH thru the ATIS service some weather programs (FSMeteo) will also provide this infoJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest skyrider

John,Okay, that works! Thanks :-)Do you know any way to get the altimeter setting in hPa direct, rather than inches & having to convert? (For us European operators!)Doug

Guest skyrider

Okay, thanks again.I'm familiar with that bit, but was interested to see if there was a way to avoid an otherwise unnecessary step, in the interests of conserving energy :-)Doug

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.