Sign in to follow this  
Guest dpavlato

PSS A319/32x flaps retraction after TO

Guest dpavlato

Hi there, I fly the bus about 2 years in FS2K2. Whenever after TO with 1+F flaps config. after passing the "F" mark on the airspeed tape and I was retracting the flaps (one single pressing of the button), the configuration became "1". (I know, no surprise for you). But in FS2k4 under the same conditions the configuration is "0" (and then what's the purpose of the "S" in the tape... :-) )Any help/suggestion would be very much appreciated Thank you,Dionisis

Guest dpavlato

Thanks John, Yes, I set thrust to CLB at LVR CL, usualy at 1500 feet (the default in performance page). By that time the configuration is still 1+f (which is correct). After a while, and when the current speed is above "F" I retract flapsand the expected configuration is 1 (as in FS2K2), and not 0 (as in FS2k4). In any case, as you say, just after passing "S" the flaps should be retracted to 0. The point is that:- after LVL CL and setting thust to CBL, - after passing "F" speed mark, - and pressing the flaps retraction button, the configuration should go to 1, not to 0. The 0 configuration should be "executed" after passing "S". I suppose this the meaning of the "F" and "S" marks on the speed tape.Is there a fault in my configuratons files and I should reinstall them, or this is bug in PSS-A320.gau in FS2k4? Thanks again,Dionisis

Guest CS-THV

But we can't see the S speed with 1+F. We must have retract to 1 before retracting to 0. PSS's Airbuses have this bus. With takeoff 1+F or 2, this should be the sequence:1+F10210but in PSS, what you have is the flaps retracting from 1+F directly to 0.This is wrong.

Hi.If you put flaps lever on position 1 , and speed is <210kt you will have on ECAM 1+F, when you put flaps lever to position 0 (and airspeed <210), on ECAM you won't have anything.So sequece is correct.You will have on ECAM position 1, only if flap lever is on position 1 and speed is greater then 210kt. If the pilot does not select config 0 after take off, the flaps retract automatically at 210kt (1 on ECAM)Edin

Guest Skywalker

Hmmm.... In my bus the flaps are correctly retracting from 1+F to 1 before I retract them again to 0. I use FDC (Flight Deck Companion) After passing S my flaps are automatically retracted to from 1+F to 1, so I assume that the flaps are realistically modelled by PSS.Rgds, Sam

Guest dpavlato

This is long post, but I think it will be worth it to go though that cause both in FS2K2 and in FS2K4 PSS A32x airbuses definitely need corrections due to the fact the climb flaps retraction performance and the indications on PFD are erroneous.So, Checking various sources and PSS documentation I found out:1) In http://www.chipsplace.com/helpful/Airbus/F...#FlightControls , in the flaps chapter is mentioned:Flaps 1 is a

I agree with Dionisis. With a 1+F takeoff, 'F' should not appear on the PFD, but just 'S' - where the flaps should be retracted to 0.

Guest dpavlato

I sent a post a week ago asking the formal input of PSS about this case. Unfortunately the message was filtered. Will PSS state if will fix the problems both in FS2K2 and FS9?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.