Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flint_10

FS9 Performance problems with PSS aircraft

Guest Flint_10

Do to a overheat problem with the CPU I have just upgraded my motherboard and CPU and re-installed windows XP and FS 2004. The problem I have is that with the PSS Airbus there is a problem with the panel controls and general mouse flicker.When a panel control is 'clicked' it takes ome time before the action is visually executed. If the mouse pointer is held over the panel control the pointer flickers. This was not the case when I originally installed PSS or other 3rd party aircraft on my previous system.I have ZoneAlarm firewall running but no antivirus software running. I also have a registered version of FSUIPC (V3.4) installed in the FS9 Modules folder.I have re-installed Windows XP a few times but still have the problem.Is there anyone who can help in this regard as I don't know what else to do. Had I not had PSS Airbus installed and running without trouble before I would have considered that 3rd party aircraft were a waste of money.It is worth noting that only 3rd party aircraft seem to be affected. I don't recollect having problems before I upgraded, and certainly not when I first installed PSS and other 3rd party aircraft. My system consists of:-Processor - AMD Athlon 3.2GigMotherboard - N2U400-AVideo Card - Radeon 9600Graphics driver - ATI Windows - XP Home edition on main Drive C: 60 gbFS9 installed on drive E: (40 Gb)Alan

Guest NormanB

The mouse flicker is a known issue that affects a small number of people, myself included.Navigate your FS folder and then continue to AircraftPSSAB-PropanelIn there you will find panel.cfgOpen it with notepad. Scroll down until you find the [Window08] section.Currently yours will read:[Window08]Background_color=16,16,16size_mm=1,1position=7visible=1ident=59Change the 1,1 to read 2,2Exit and save.Start FS and all should be good.

Guest Flint_10

Thanks NormanGood to see it working OK once again.Alan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.