Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

Would someone kindly...

I'd appreciate it if someone would draw up the most efficient and best-working method for setting up the PSS A320 in FS9, and make it sticky. Any potential positive tweaks too would be great.I suppose if there's nothing more than just run the base installer and install the flicker-free, then neato finito. I doubt that's all there is to it though, especially considering the problems I had trying to get the thing to run properly (which it still doesn't).With all the great old stickies gone from the last forum (I didn't expect old posts to get deleted, unfortunately), I'm missing some vital info.1.) What's the best default startup in FS9, especially if you want to bypass the opening screen?2.) I hear Pedro Oliveira's FDE is great... loaded it once, but it's incompatable with the PSS Load Editor. Any load editors out there made for this FDE? I need to be able to dial in specific ZFW's at least with something of a realistic CG value.3.) Tweaks to do with the panel config file otherwise? The mouse flicker panel.cfg is over 4 months old... was wondering if anyone's come up with additional things to modify/fix for a better experience.4.) Sound popping... I still get it when trying to fly, it's annoying. Anyone ever come up with a solid fix for it?Sorry for the questions guys... it's just I've paid pretty decent $$$ for this bird, and I'm extremely frustrated with getting it to work smoothly in FS9 for me. Any help at all is appreciated. Sorry for the novel!~Nate

I've found the best fix for sound popping is to increase the PCI latency for the sound card (and usually to reduce the latency for the video card). Do a search... lots of info available elsewhere, but the usual story is that Windows will give the video subsystem way too big a share of the CPU's time (my default video card PCI latency was set to 248 with the latency for my Audigy2 set to 32). I have video card set to 128 and sound card at 64...no more pops here.Lots of folks use a utility called PowerStrip to control this setting.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Edwin

Hi,1) I use the default startup sequence so I can't help you there.2) I just tried modifying Pedro Oliveira's FDEs to be compatible with the PSS Load Editor. It actually works fine. All you have to do is to copy PSS's Weight and Balance section into Pedro's aircraft.cfg file (replacing his weight and balance section of course) and then change the PSS moment of inertia and weight position values to Pedro's. I haven't flown with this modification yet but I have checked that the PSS Load Editor is changing the weight values appropriately, without modifying anything else. I'd be careful about your loading though. Notice that Pedro has almost equal weights between the front and rear of the cabin but if you load the aircraft according to first/coach (as in the Load Editor), then you'd be distributing more weight to the back than to the front, possibly leading to tail strikes. To mitigate against this, I would load the aircraft more or less evenly but at least with the Load Editor, you can vary the total weight more easily.3) Don't have this problem so I can't help you there.4) Don't have this problem either.Hope this helps!Edwin

Guest chrisnorris

My FS9 started bailing out to the desktop halfway thru a flight, didn't matter if I was flying the PSS A320 or PMDG737NG etc so I took drastic action and is not for the feint hearted! :-)I installed another hard disk.Saved all my settings from XPWiped all disks and created these partitions then installed two XP Pro in dual boot:Disk1: | WinXP | Data | FltXP SwapDisk2: | FltXP | Data | WinXP Swap | FS9So, WinXP is my everyday XP install with it's swap file on WinXP Swap.FltXp is another XP install dedicated to FS9, with it's swap file on FltXP Swap.Then, FS9 has it's own partition on FS9 and can easily be kept defraggedFor performance each XP's swap file is on the other disk.What a change! Everything runs smooth and sweet as, no crashes, no slowdowns, no gauge troubleMy FS9 setup is now:FS9 running 30Fps 1280x1024PSS Airbus ProPMDG 737NGMy TrafficBAV OSP/ACARSHardwareP4 3.2Ghz PrescottABit IC7 Mobo1Gb Corsair Dual 512Mb DDR2 x 200Gb HDD 7500RpmNvidia 5700 Ultra17" LCDSaitek X45If anyone wants help doing the same just ask!Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.