Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

A330-200

Hi,a mate of mine has just contacted me about a weird issue with his set-up.he can bring up the overhead panel, set all the power on etc, and set the alt,speed, the panel is all lit up, but the Shift3, Shift4,Shift5, etc do absolutely nothing at all, nothing happens, does anyone have any ideas as to what to check please,num lock is on, caps is off, scroll lock is off.PS when he presses the caps lock he does get the flashing 'K' in the FMC which he can access by clicking on the black area below the lower part of the full ifr view,thanks very much in anticipation.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi,>a mate of mine has just contacted me about a weird issue with>his set-up.>he can bring up the overhead panel, set all the power on etc,>and set the alt,speed, the panel is all lit up, but the>Shift3, Shift4,Shift5, etc do absolutely nothing at all,>nothing happens, does anyone have any ideas as to what to>check please,>num lock is on, caps is off, scroll lock is off.>PS when he presses the caps lock he does get the flashing 'K'>in the FMC which he can access by clicking on the black area>below the lower part of the full ifr view,>thanks very much in anticipation.More than likely he or some program has reassigned the panel view keys in FS.In MSFS, select Options -> Controls -> Assignments, and under Event Category select "View Commands" Scroll down until you see the nine "Panel Window X display/hide" events in the "Events" column. In the coumn to its right is the assigned keyboard shortcut...should be SHIFT+1 for panel 1 display/hide, SHIFT+2 for panel 2 etc. I'll bet there's either nothing or some other keys assigned there. By using the "Change Assignment" button, he can reassign the commands to SHIFT+X as needed.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

thank's very much Bob.sounds interesting, I will investigate.

sorted now Bob,it was Exactly what you said it was, they were simply not there, but neither of us could figure out why they were missing !but, thanks again.

Sign in to follow this