Sign in to follow this  
jetlover1118

Buffer overun

I've run into a weird situation when flying the A340-300. Everytime I taxi down the runway for takeoff in the A340-300 the system freezes and I get a buffer overrun error message. This never happens when I'm running the A330-200/300 or the A319 and A320. This only happens running the 340 and only when taxiing for takeoff. I checked the event logs and there were no error messages at the time of the crash. I checked my performance logs and there were no extreme loads on the physical memory or page file. I have 2GB of physical memory and maximun 5GB page file on a seperate partition. Anyone else ever had this problem.

Guest artimc

Yes, me.It happens to me as I try to make entries in the MCDU To/From field.I only just bought the the software. I don't know what it is but my error message is to do vith Visual c++ runtime enviroment and FS9.exe.

Guest artimc

More details:-It happens when I add a runway to that information. ie. WSSS/VHHH is o.k. but WSSS/VHHH-LSK1R produces the buffer overrun.

Guest artimc

O.K. problem solved.. just make sure not to give the MCDU eroneous inputs. Seems alot like a 'catch exception' problem in the source code.Beautiful panel though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.