Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

Long landing roll for a320, and a319

Guest giln

Whne landing even with 1000kg or fuel left, the airplane takes all of runway 09r at heathrow to stop. When I apply medium or even low autobrake at 80 knts, by the time I slow to 10knts, the brake temperature is at 320 degrees celcius, what the hech is going on. I apply full reverse as soon as I touch. I touch down right after the numbers and I still can't stop? Please help me.

Guest NormanB

Have the autobrakes selected much earlier than touchdown!They should be part of your approach brief and certainly on once established.They don't operate until required of course!

Guest giln

I have done that and the temperature exceeds 320 degres celcius. Also I was reading an airbus manuel and autobrakes and brakes in general are started at 100-80 knots. I have also watched many airbus videos and none have applyed brakes on touchdown.

Guest vrandar

What the previous posters mean is that selecting low or medium autobrake should be done as part of the approach checks. You select it on the panel and it is then armed and ready for landing.Then on hearing the "Retard" call you move the thrust levers back to idle and then into reverse (although at some airports reverse thrust is not allowed at certain times on certain runways). The autobrake kicks in on landing and will slow the aircraft. Once you get below 60 knots you can apply manual braking. Applying the manual brakes above 60 knots will probably lead to a brake overheat.

Guest NormanB

They are only ARMED early on. The bus wont use them until its speed is within parameters.

Guest giln

Thank you, but is 123-140 degree celcius wheel temp regular? And are they supposed to engage automatically upon touchdown?

Guest giln

I tried another landing, and the temp on the wheels was 1000 degrees celcius!!!!!!! What is going wrong. I set low, yes low, autobrake and set full reverse on landng. The temp of the wheels before I landed was 5 degrees. What could be going wrong.

I think you gents are chasing the wrong dog. This is most likely not an autobrake problem. See my post in this recent thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=2672&page=2Odds are that forward thrust during reverse is the cause of your long stopping distances and hot brakes.For PSS: why is this very old bug showing up again? Do you have an old (bad) config file in one or more of your current download sets?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Steve_Park

I just tried a full autoland at KPIT in a US Air A320c and I got brake temp twice what you are getting using Med autobrake. My brake temp's went up to 732c (wheel 3)on the high wheel and 696c (wheel 4) on the low.....aircraft was pretty light at 118 ZFW and only 4200 lb's of fuel on board for a landing weight of 122,240 lbs. It did stop about the first turn-off of Rwy 28L though and pretty close to the fire station too.....Steve ParkKSDF

Guest giln

Is it an aircraft problem or a pilot problem?? What is going on here?

Guest bgahan

Hi All,I have the same problem. Although I'm using FS2002 still, the same effect happens. As soon as the reverse thrust is engaged, the aircraft increases speed.Bob Scott...I changed the _min_throttle to .025 and it still didn't accomplish anything.PSS, please help, what is happening here that can be fixed?Thanks,BrianKPHX

Should be -0.25, not 0.25Try a landing at idle without using TRs...what happens then?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest bgahan

Bob, PSS, et. al,I set it to -0.25 and it is still moving forward upon reverse thrust. The previous poster hit the mark here. I am still having the same problems.PSS, this is obviosly a bug, can you recommend what do to about it?Thanks,BrianKPHX

Hello All,I think I have at least an answer to one of your issues, although not really a solution. The brake temps in the FS9 version of the PSS A3xx were not able to be correctly modelled when the conversion was made from FS2002. I read somewhere in a post here awhile ago that this aircraft was not made for FS9, just patched to work for it. One of the glitches that happens to be un-fixable is the brake temperatures. Sometimes I get them over 3000 degrees celsius jsut sitting at the gate, before I even pre-flight. Its just something we have to live with.The real A320 will get brake temps in the 200-300 degrees celsius range in lo autobrake normally. This does not become an issue until the temps go above 900, but with certain wind conditions and runway conditions, 250-500 degrees in not abnormal, as long as all the brakes are relatively even in temperature. Unless the aircraft is equipped with brake fans (PSS models arent), then youll be nice and warm for awile. Max temp for takeoff is 300 degrees in real life by the way.As far as your issue, maybe you should reinstall the configs (you can rebuild the configs only through the base installer) and edit the throttle limit again to show -0.25. I had to do that to get mine to work. Hope this helps at all.Allan

Guest champiano

But even my PSS A330-200 has brake temperatures of 600 degrees upon landing with auto brakes medium and medium reverse thrusts; and that aircraft was designed for FS9.CheersDenis Allen

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.