Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

Computer Crash from A319/20/21 FMC Route Entry

Hi all,I have a very repeatable error that is making flying the Airbus with FMC information impossible.I am presently trying to fly from PHL to DEN, and all is well with the Airbus until I use the FMC and start entering route data.When I start entering in flight plan route data, as soon as I try establishing jet route data to go from, in my specific instance, SUZIE intersection along J64 to RAV, when I click on SUZIE to enter the J-Route data, once I click on the data entry slot, my computer makes the FMC clicking sound very rapidly about 5 times then completely reboots.I have re-installed the aircraft completely, I have tried changing video drivers, I have disabled video acceleration, I have updated, uninstalled and re-installed current Navdata.at AIRAC info, I have run FS in safe mode, I have rebuilt the FS9 config file. The problem happens at the exact same time every time.While I'm aware that PSS has no intention to continue updating their product, I am curious if other people have this problem and if they are aware of a fix for a complete computer crash caused by entering FMC data.My specs:Win XP ProGigabyte 7N-400-L1 MoboAthlon XP 3200+1 Gig PC3700 RAMATI 9800XT w/ Latest ATI DriversOnboard Sound~Nate

Guest NormanB

I used to have a similar problem last year every time I used tha A1 airway. This was due to some glitch in the airac and at a time when I was just another user (nothing much has changed except I have a pretty Concorde Pic in my sig).Once the airac changed things were fine.What happens if you use the waypoint BEFORE the one you are entering as the exit point? If you then enter the elusive waypoint as a next waypoint does it still crash?

deleted...I'm pretty sure this is a combo of an error in the AIRAC data and faulty error handling in the gauge. I'd suggest reverting to an old AIRAC set and see if that fixes it.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC"If builders built buildings, the way programmers write programs, the first termite that came along would have destroyed civilization" -unknown

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Norman,Thanks for the reply... I have found a very interesting caveat to my problem.So, here's the route I'm presented with:PHL..PTW..SUZIE.J64.RAV..PSB.J60.IOW.J10.LBF.SAYGE5.DENIf I just try entering this straight up, as soon as I try and enter the J64 route from SUZIE to RAV, it crashes as described above. If I skip over it and just go direct PSB to start then try entering J60 to get to IOW, it crashes the same way. If, however, I enter IOW first then J10 to LBF, it works fine.Now the weird part... so, I delete the IOW.J10.LBF part from the FMC and try going back and entering the other segments. Lo and behold, they work fine now. I noticed that the IOW.J10.LBF segment doesn't have any fixes in it, just VORs, if that makes any difference at all.It just seems to be some form of file access issue, at least as I'm seeing it now. I need to keep playing with it I suppose to find a difinitive cause, but this is the closest guess I can come up with right now. Ideas?~Nate

I've repeated the error in another setting.This time trying to go DBL.J60.BCE crashes, but yet again, if I load up IOW.J10.LBF first, delete it, then load the above route, I don't get a crash.~Nate

hi there,i am experiencing this very same problem in the exact same manner and it rendered my busses nearly useless.I am sometimes able to overcome it by not using airways instead punching in every single waypoint. On some occasions even an init like EGLL/EDDL crashes the whole system.And as you mentioned before, i am also suspecting that it must be sort of data access problem, the clicking noise is repeated 5-7 times very fast and the PC reboots.I was discussing this problem formerly and there was no real solution despite all my efforts.I very much hope that PSS will have a closer look at that.CheersHolger

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.