Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Taxi Thrust

Hello folks. I'm not a PSS A320 user, but thought I would pass this along. Last week, I took three of four hops on an NWA A320. I noticed in all instances that NO breakaway thrust was required. It felt like the crew was applying the parking brakes every time they stopped, because I could feel the "pop" when the brakes were released prior to continuing the taxi, and then no change at all in engine pitch.Anyway, just thought I'd mention this.BTW, I sat in first class on all three hops: man, those CFM56's absolutely growl/buzz loud as heck on the T/O roll!!James

Normally the A320 does not need ay thrust input to start the taxi roll. Even on one engine it moves just as well without thrust levers moving. However, if that aircraft was full and going on a 5+ hour flight, some thrust may be necessary just to get it going. For a medium size aircraft, its got a lot of engine, CFM or V2500. Allan Burek

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.