Sign in to follow this  
someone

Sound Card - Recommendations Wanted!

I am looking for a sound card that works fantastically within the Windows 2000 PRO environment. I have a SOYO Dragon Plus MB with an AMD Athlon 1700+ "Duron" processor. This MB board does have an integrated C-Media 6 Channel sound chip, but I get periodic sound stutters which is driving me crazy. I suspect that it is related to the operating system. I have used the Sound Blaster Live within Windows 98, and never had sound stutters. This has all started when I converted to Windows 2000 PRO.I also loaded up the PCI Latency fix that I found elsewhere within this forum, but the problem has not gone away. The frustration factor has set in big time.If you know of a card that can operate without a hitch with the SOYO MB and Windows 2000 PRO, please let me know.Thanks!Keith

Keith,I am running the Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra motherboard and windows 2000 pro. I am using the unboard sound card, I was getting some sound stutter in third party aircraft. Downloaded latest driver form Soyo and everything is good now.Chuck

Keith,When I had VIA/Soundblaster incompatibility problems I tried the Videologic SonicFury (or Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) and it's worked like a dream ever since. So well in fact, I bought a second one.XP/2000 drivers from www.turtle-beach.com have worked flawlessly for me for over a year now.Hope this helps,Ian

Hercules makes a nice line of cards. I've currently got a SB Live! 5.1 Gamer, and the XP drivers are crap. Alot of people report the same problem with the Audigy and the XP drivers, so I'm staying away from soundblaster. Check out the Hercules Digifire 7.1, you can find it under $100.