Sign in to follow this  
Guest cxmcdan

Take-off

Guest cxmcdan

Hi all,I am a newbie PSS Airbus 3xx user. I'm having a problem getting the plane to leave the ground. I'm sure it's user error but if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm forgetting to do, I would appreciate it. I downloaded the A320 test flight off the User Manuals site of PSS and am setting everything up how the tutorial says to do so. When I get to the part where it says to press the "T.O. CONFIG" I do that and in the upper ECAM I guess it's supposed to say "T.O. CONFIG...Normal" but I get "T.O. CONFIG...Test" (or maybe it's "T.O. CONFIG...Testing"). Anyway, I increase thrust using "+" 2X as it says to do so. In the upper ECAM on the right side I get a message in pink that says "T.O. INHIBIT" which I assume means take off inhibited and the plane does not lift off the ground when I pull back on the yoke. Does anyone know what it is that I'm not doing?Any help would be appreciated - I'm dying to get the plane in the air! Thanks,Colin

Guest carlos_cv29

Hi.Do you use keyboard or joystick when u're flying the Airbus? I ask this because u must have a joystick or yoke in order to fly A3XX properly!

Hello Colin,You may have to be sure that you arent overweight first. Be sure to use the load editor that came with the PSS package and adjust your ZFW by using the PAX and cargo sliders. You may have too many people and/or too much fuel on. You may even want to make sure that your flex temp is set to a higher temperature (this is done through the TAKEOFF PERF page of the MCDU. Perhaps a takeoff at TOGA thrust ("+" 3 times on the number pad) might be in order depending on where you are taking off from.As far as the takeoff config test, all the cyan (blue) messages must be gone prior to takeoff. After you do all the checklist says (flaps-TO, autobrakes-max, etc.) you must push the TO config test button again. With regard to the TO INHIBIT message, all that does is prevent any non-essential failure messages from appearing during the takeoff phase of flight. Any messages that have accrued during takeoff would appear would do so after the thrust levers are pulled back to the CL detent. I hope this helps some.Allan Burek

Guest cxmcdan

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. I thought I set up the load editor correctly but maybe that's the problem. I also tried to do a test pattern here at KDEN but with the high altitude here in Denver, that maybe another problem.Thanks for the suggestions Allan!Colin

Guest cxmcdan

I sure don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get the TO CONFIG...Test to go away! I even tried to take off from Seattle - a place that is at sea-level thinking that I should get my performance from that low level...This is sure frustrating!Colin

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.