Sign in to follow this  
Guest venquessa

New pilot: flat battery

Guest venquessa

I came here to find a solution to the external lights, gear and radio/nav problems. While I found references it was always answered with a question about the start up flight, no answers. The hint about the default cessna (from someone I dont remember, but thanks), gave me the solution. So....For those with the same problem, it's likely that at some point you modified your default start up flight. For example I have used the "Cold and Dark" ultility to set everything dead for start up on all flights. The problem appears to be that there are systems that PSS have not switched off that FS uses and the Airbus panel provides no equivalent control for. This means if you jump into the A3xx cold and dark, the generators in particular are off. You can't switch them on either. If this seems to fit the bill for your problem, then, start up with the default cessna, switch on both sides of the master, switch on both Magnos and then switch to the airbus. Save this flight as your Airbus start up flight. You should find the battery remains charged and the lights, gear and radios work fine.I'll finish with a question.... Why is the battery voltage on the panel incorrect? Could it not have been modeled instead of dummyed? I mean, clearly the battery is flat when the gear wont retract, the exterior lights are out and the ILS is dead, but the volt meter reads 28V as normal on all batterys. Shame.Then again, is that stuff not power off the busses, that are powered off the generators or APU, so flat battery shouldn't cause the problem in the first place.RegardsPaul

Guest shaheedan

Hi,I agree with you since until now nobody can answer my question on How to switch "ON" the battery Strobe during cold and dark startup.and till now i can't find the proper startup proccess from cold and dark until "clear for takeoff"Regards,shaheedan

Guest venquessa

OK, sorry, my solution doesn't work in the A319/20, but it appears to work in the 330 and 340.I had to give up and replace the default start flight in FlightsotherThe battery stays charged now.I spent a few hours trying to figure out if I could alter a setting or two to keep the battery charged without having to have everything running at start up. Didn't get anywhere, I gave up and used the default.Of course, registereding FSIUP might have helped me too.

Guest Phoenix_7

both FS2002 and FS2004 have battery drain problemsyou must use the default startup flight at start or you will have problemsalso using the full registered version of FSUIPC and selecting 'extend battery' on the technical tab will solve the problemJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.