Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fisi

A330/A340 Virtual Cockpit Problem

Guest Fisi

Hello,I would like to say that I like A330/340 addon very much, but there is one thing that dissapoints me very much - Its a texture/gauge problem in VC when night lights are on - it seems like there a black holes in cockpit (please see attached picture), I was tryiing to find solution for it (editing gauges, textures) but nothing helped. Somebody could consider this as a small problem but it really disturbs me very much when flying. Please could you tell me if PSS is going to upgrade this problem or not? I should say that I have boxed version of this addon.Thanks in advance for answerTomhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/101912.jpg

Hello PSS,I'm having a similar problem but not only some black holes. The complete VC night lightning dosen't work for me half of the time. I able to get night lightning in the 2d panel but the complete VC remains dark.This is my computer specsHewlett Packard Professional Workstation wx4100Intel Pentium

Yep same here but its mainly with the A330-300 , but its ok if i select the A330-300 with out selecting any other A/C before it , but one i select any other A/C after this and reselct the 330-300 then the lighting is dark ..... Come on PSS sought this out plus the flight dynamics please before making any other A/C , i dont think it sould have been released as it is now , Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hello John,This problem was discovered at the time of the first days and lot of customers complained about it and PSS never solved it. Is it possible to provide an update to correct this problem?PS. I am very happy to note that PSS envisages to put on sale new products but for me, it is also very important to be able to use the already acquired products.ThanksMartinnear CYQB

Hello John,I would like to point out something about this situation to you. Here a message that I found on your forum and which dates from at the beginning of 2004:I tried doing a search, and i've uninstalled and re-installed a few times now, but i still have a variety of gauges that just don't exist including the gear in the VC mode at night.Lights go on, gauges vanish? Any help?Scott JohnsonLAC(AAFC)TRGO(OPS)318SQN AAFCAnd this is your answer:this is a known problemthere is no solution at this timeJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukPSS was aware of this situation since the release of the A330/A340 package and the problem solved.Martin

Sorry for the error but you should have read that the problem was never solved instead that the problem is solved now.ThanksMartin

Guest Fisi

Hello John,with respect to your work, I must admit that your answer to this topic really surprised me very much - you said that the reason for not making service pack for A330/340 product is that its 2 years old???!!!!! I think that if the product is so evidently buggy like the A330/340 is (I like it but these bugs prevent me from using it),the service pack should be done without any thinking about how old the product is....also as -mlabonte- mentioned in his post this night lighting bug was known from the times when a330/340 was realesed, i think that it was known a lot of time before, cause the similair problem was also present in A320 VC. I hope that PSS somehow change their minds and make service pack for this addon, it would be really pitty to let this product to die so soon, cause without these small bugs it would be really great one.I hope you dont understand this reply as a unrespect to your work...it s just a constructive comment :-)Thanks Bye

Guest Phoenix_7

we are a small company with limited resourceswe released the 330/340 then patched itwe then started work on the Concorde which took almost 10 months to completecurrently we are working on a small patch for the concorde and the 757/777we will not be returning to the 320/330/340 product for any updates or patchesJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.