Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaa_1126

Overspeed issue

Guest aaa_1126

I was going through the Singapore to Hong Kong tutorial and I noticed that while crusing, the system generated an OVERSPEED warning on a number of occassions, and eventually overstressed the aircraft while I was away for a minute. Everything was set on the auto pilot (NAV, auto throttle, etc...) so how would this have happened. I believe my cruise was set to .82 mach. Any ideas?Thanks.

Guest vrandar

Seems to me that you might have had strong tailwinds causing a very high airspeed reading. Were you using Activesky or any other real weather software?

Guest aaa_1126

No other weather add ons included. Just the default weather. How could I change this in the future? I couldn't figure out how to adjust my speed. Thanks.

Guest Edwin

Are you sure your throttles were in the CLB setting?Edwin

Guest aaa_1126

Actually, I don't recall if my throttles were in the CLB position. They may have been in FLX or FLEX. Would that have done it?

Guest Edwin

Yes, that was probably it then. The FLEX and TOGA settings are only used at Takeoff (or Go-Around in the case of TOGA). At all other times (climb, cruise, descent), the throttles should be at the CLB setting. The Autothrottle would then adjust the throttle setting such that the aircraft would stay at the selected Mach speed.Hope this helps.Edwin

Guest vrandar

Yes that would certainly cause this problem. Have you just been ignoring the LVR CLB flashing in white on the PFD after acceleration altitude? When this flashes the thrust levers should be moved to the CLB gate.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.