Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

Severe problems with a3xx panels.

Guest giln

I am begining to think that it is the panel itself causing all these problems I am experiencing. It makes the airplane very unstable, the smallest amount of wind on approach sends the airplane barreling out of control. It also cannot maintain a set altitude when a turn is instructed, it sinks and then quickly climbs every time any turn is executed. WHen you fly the airplane manually, these problems do not occur, why?? I have used other airbus panels with the pss a340 and these problems do not occur. When there is wind on the approach, the other panels take it into consideration and keep the airplane perfectly aligned with the runway at all times. They also keep the airplane level when turning. I find the panel very good, but there are some faults, such as a lack of autopilot being able to conrol or maintain heading, navigation, approach, altitude and loc, that severly hinder the performance of, not just the pss a340, but all a340 I have used with the panel. Maybe the panel is noy perfectly suitable for fs2004 and maybe there should be updates to fix these problems because they are really severe and do not make the flying experience all that it could be. Can something please be done to fix these problems. I do not believe I am the only one experiencing such problems, does anyone else experience similar problems with the panel??

Hi; Reading this, along with your previous thread on extreme nose-high pitch on approach, and I can't conclude it's the panel at all. Looks much more like a serious weight and balance problem. Are you using pounds or kilograms? What does FS report the aircraft weight to be? Are you using an aircraft loader...especially a third-party loader? What are the station_load settings in the aircraft.cfg file? A weight mismatch or a serious CG error could both cause problems like this. Anyway, this panel has been around for some time...it certainly has its issues, but not widespread major dysfunctionality like this. Looks like something else going on in your installation that's causing this.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest giln

I am using kg and i am not using any weight loader at all. I have re-installed the aircraft and have not edited it with your new fde. I do not touch the weight most of the time and have tried with no payload whatsoever and the problem still occurs. Here is my aircraft cfg weight area. I use either these, without being overweight at all because of reduced fuel, or I use no value whatsoever, zero payload, cargo etc... What can you derive from these?? What could the problem be??[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]//do not changereference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_number_of_stations=50pss_num_class = THREE_CLASS // Load Editor Cfg Valuestation_load.0 = 450, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Crew (lbs) LEAVEstation_load.1 = 3000, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Galleys (lbs) LEAVEstation_load.2 = 30485, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Baggage (lbs)station_load.3 = 49103, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Cargo (lbs)station_load.4 = 1800, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight First Class (lbs)station_load.5 = 6300, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Business Class (lbs)station_load.6 = 36150, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Economy Class (lbs)empty_weight = 265057.1empty_weight_roll_MOI = 3900000empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 13000000empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 11500000empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.000000empty_weight_CG_position= 0.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_gross_weight=568571.5

Guest NormanB

Those values (I havent actually checked) look ok. To clarify are you editing these values manually or using the supplied load editor?

Guest giln

Sorry, I thought it was a bit unclear, WITHOUT the load editor.

To definitely solve the problem you need to make the following changes :a) Always use the PSS Load Edit to define the ZFW to be entered in the MCDU. The fuel quantity should be set through FS2004 Fuel and Payload tab. This will avoid any center of gravity deviation;:( In the FS2004 Realism tab under settings disable the gyro drift;c) Under Realism tab move the slide of p-factor, torque and gyro completely to left (easy);d) Under Realism tab disable the autorudder.Following these steps will solve the problem of PSS A320 landing outside the runway centerline mainly when using just the keyboard. As PSS aircraft/panel follow exactly the behaviour when item (:( is enabled and when item © are in realistic mode, this is natural that the aircraft tend to left when landing.Adenilson

OK, I don't see anything in your W&B.Time for some serious Q&A:Your system specs? CPU, RAM, video, sound, OS version, FS version (including minor updates, service packs, and driver versions)? Do you use an Intel P4 with HyperThreading enabled?What video settings are you using? (resolution, AA, AF, filtering)What is the FS frame rate limiter set to? Have you tried reducing it to see if that stops the behavior?Do you leave an antivirus running when you run FS?What are the settings in your APTuning330.dat file? (located in the FS9PssAirbus A3XX folder)What version of FSUIPC is installed in the FS9 Modules folder? Please right-click on FSUIPC.dll, select properties -> versionShould be 3.4.4.0What non-Microsoft .dll files reside in your Modules folder?Have you renamed any .dll files but left them in the Modules folder?Try renaming the FS9.cfg file and letting FS build you a new one.What other add-ons have you used successfully since this problem appeared?Are you using any add-ons which can control the airplane, i.e. FSNav?What is the ambient temperature (not TAT) when this occurs?Are you using an external weather program? RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.