Sign in to follow this  
Guest jscharpf

another "not in database" problem and more..

Guest jscharpf

I apologize if this is redundant, but I searched the entire site and I have seen others with this problem and most replies are "search the site and you'll get your answer"... I did something wrong because everything was working until today.Here's what I did and then my problem.I downloaded the latest Airac for both FSNAV 4.x and for PSS.I ran each of these. They just told me to point to the root of FS9 so I did this.. I then ran the PSS setup, thinking I needed to rebuild the PSS navdata??? I mean, the actual aircraft setup, but checking only the navdata.. then it asked me to do something with the config and I said ok... Since I did this, all I get is "not in database" no matter what I try to enter into the FMC... I re-downloaded the airac and re-ran it.. same problem..Was I supposed to run BOTH the airac file and the PSS setup each time to update my airac files? If not, what is the preferred method?Also, is there a way I can start over (delete all airac stuff and reinstall??) without messing up my PSS installation?Thanks for any help!Jeff

Guest vrandar

No you're not supposed to run the PSS setup. If you do this it will overwrite the newer navdata that you'd just installed. You don't need to delete/uninstall the airac either, the new navdata installs quite happily over the old (though you can take a backup if you wish to beforehand). Just follow the detailed instructions I left for you in the navdata forum hre on avsim in response to your "what is Airac?" question and you should be fine.

Guest vrandar

re my previous post, to save you looking in the navdata forum her eis the text of what I wrote about installing the latest airac cycle. I hope it helps."AIRAC stands for Aeronautical Information Regulation And Control and is the worldwide navigation data used by pilots. But of course everyone just refers to it as AIRAC or navdata. It's just a series of files which update the airways, waypoints, vor, ndb and runways. As these do change a regular monthly update is necessary. The files are updated every month from the DAFIF Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File which is a flight information database published by the U.S. Military.Think of the data as being a monthly update of the A-Z road map of your town but completely up to date with any roads and places which have changed since last month.You mention that you have the PSS aircraft I will assume that this is the PSS A320 family. In this case the navdata files are in your flight simulator 9PSSnavdata folder.To update the data go to www.navdata.at and select the AIRACs link at the top of the page. In the middle of the screen you will then see a drop-down menu. Select the PSS Airbus/Boeing/Dash menu item and wait for the screen to update with the file details then press the Download button (you'll note that the filename shows the year and the sequence number so the current one is 0505 whereas the previous one was 0504. The zip file will download and you will need to unzip it with a utility like winzip from www.winzip.com. Unzip the file to a temporary location (I download to a folder called C:Downloads and unzip to a folder call c:unzipped). Once you have done the unzipping you will see that there is just one file in the temporary folder. This is an executable file called PSS_0505. Double click it.A small window will then open with a welcome screen. Press the Next button and the window will change to one where you select the location for the files. Make sure that it shows the root fs folder, for example c:microsoft gamesflight simulator 9, then press the Next button. The window will change to one showing the files to be installed. All will be checked(ticked) except the SID/STAR library as Richard Stefan doesn't update the SID/STAR files. So just press Next and then Next again when the screen saying it's ready to install appears. The install will then take a few seconds and then you'll see the window back again, press the Close button.The procedure for installing the AIRAC in FSNAV is the same but it installs the files into flight simulator 9modulesfsnavigatorbin and you can check you are using the curent AIRAC by opening for example the AIRWAY.txt file. The details are in the top few lines.The new navdata has now overwritten the previous files. If you are in the PSS Airbus family you can check that the MCDU is using the new navdata. Go to the Data page then select LSK5L marked A/C Status. On the right it will say PGS-AIRAC0505 and the start/end dates are on the left.One word of caution: you should delete the flight plans in the MCDU created under previous AIRACs. These are stored as .afp files in the flight simulator 9PSSA3XX folder. If you don't do this you will probably find a mismatch of airports and runways (in other words runways will appear against the wrong airport). So every month before I download the new AIRAC I delete the existing flight plans.You are now ready to plan your flight either directly into the MCDU or more commonly using FSNAV or FSBuild (my choice as it exports to the PSS).I don't know if you fly online but if you do it is vital to use up to date navdata."

Guest jscharpf

maybe I have a setting wrong but I received two replies to this posting, and I can't read them lol :???It shows up as "replies" with a little arrow but no messages.This just isn't my day :(Jeff

one should just install the navdata,one doesn't need to rerun the PSS intallation afterwards.i think the fsnav routine cought you,afaik you have to recreate the database for that one,don't you?i think your navdata is corrupted,maybe deleting everything inside the navdata folder,then installing the newest airac,will help.just to be sure:do back up your files,just in case ;)tataJP.

Guest jscharpf

Can someone help me!???I'm getting emails saying that there are replies to my post but when I come here I see nothing but my post!!!Can someone email me any replies to jscharpf@charter.net ?Thanks!Or what am I doing wrong?Jeff

Guest NormanB

Jeff,Replies only show once I or another mod unlock them. We try to do this as soon as possible but there are times when there simply isnt a mod online.

Guest jscharpf

oh! I'm very sorry Norm I didn't realize that! Sorry for the nagging lolJeff

Guest NormanB

No probs Jeff.

Guest vrandar

Have you now sorted out the installation of the navdata using my instructions above or are you still having problems?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.