Sign in to follow this  
Guest dinkar

which FDE to use?

Guest dinkar

will someone finally settle this as to which FDE to use, the one from PSS or the one from BOB. same is the case for the 320.one is more comfortable with the PSS one as it is the standard issue from the company. however i do have a lot of probloms landing the plane manually and it goes out of control in manual landing more often than not. what is the experiance with the fde provided by bob?confused.............Dinkar

Guest NormanB

No matter which FDS, both Bob and PSS are in agreement - make sure to have things defined before you start your flight. These include making sure its a clean situation (one based on the default flight) and having set a Zero Fuel Weight in the MCDU according to the PSS Load Editor.Me personally? I use Bob's FDE and have quite literally thousands of sim hours on the A330 and A340 using it. Others prefer the PSS one.

Why not just try it out? It doesn't cost anything except a few minutes to set it up. Make backups of the aircraft.cfg and *.air files in each PSS A330/340 directory and just restore them if you don't like the results.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest dinkar

BOBfinally got down to using your FDE.the aircraft flew very well. i got a 87.50%N1 on takeoff with -42 flex setting. the aircraft handles much better on approach. in fact i manually landed the plane quite smoothly. however this was in zero crosswind. i will revert with the crosswind testing.thanks a lot for all your effort. keep up the good work.Dinkar

Guest vrandar

Dinkar, I can assure you it handles fine in crosswinds within the Airbus SOP limits but you do sometimes have to work hard with the rudder. But then you do in a rw Airbus as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.