Sign in to follow this  
Guest GhostWalker

Airbus 330 : LW in the INIT B page.

Guest GhostWalker

To: PSS Programming Team.I have the following problem with the LW indication in the INIT B page. It should indicate the predicted approximate Landing Weight.LW - Aircraft landing weight. Displayed after ZFW and BLOCK entry, when predictions become available.But on a flight from Seattle to Honolulu (Great Circle route) with 93,600 pounds for fuel and a Total weight of 469,000 pounds the LW started with 385,000 pounds, and as I proceded with the flight the number was going up. That is very logical... but then when my GW was 410,140 the LW was showing 448.4 which is 448,400 pounds. Which is not logical. The TRIP/TIME also was indicating at the same time a value of 19.3/0133 which is wrong, because the total fuel for that flight would be about 74,000 pounds.Can you please tell me how to solve the problem. Thank you.Flying in Blue Skies... and rainy days...The Ghost Walker :-)

Guest GhostWalker

I understand...But if you tell me what is the small algorithm for that LW indicator, I will solve the problem... And I have a feeling that it is very easy.Thank you for your prompt positive reply.The Ghost Walker.

Guest GhostWalker

Well... then who on the team of programmers has the code?I could send him/her a message to change the code... and recompile the gauge... so we all could enjoy a great add-on.Thank you.The Ghost Walker.

Guest GhostWalker

To : support@phoenix-simulation.co.ukThe solution for the problem.In The FMC INIT Page you will find the TOW which is Aircraft Takeoff weight. If you minus that weight with the amount of each estimated fuel consumption on each of the LEGs in the flight planed route you can have the LW which is the estimated landing weight of the Aircraft.The Ghost Walker.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.