Sign in to follow this  
Guest GhostWalker

Airbus 330: Progress page

Guest GhostWalker

To : PSS Programming Team.On the same flight from Seattle to Honolulu flying at FL330 and my GW was at 402650 and the SAT was -36, TAT -8 and CI 1, I got a OPT of FL338 but I could not climb more then FL357.I think the FMC was calculating a wrong optimum flight level.As it was also calculating a wrong LW in the INIT B page.Thank you for looking into this matter.Night Flying Pacific Flights.The Ghost Walker.

Guest GhostWalker

Sorry, OPT FL383 not FL338.

Guest dinkar

i had the same problom one time. was your autopilot working? did you try to select another altitude and did the plane stabalise at that altitude? what version of fsuipc do you use (registered or not?)

Guest GhostWalker

I am sorry, but I was not talking about the AutoPilot or the performance of the aircraft.I was refering to the optimum Flight Level that the aircraft should fly, calculated by the computer on board. But with 400,000+ pounds the Airbus 330-200 can't climb to the optimum Flight Level that the computer on board is reporting in the FMC Progress PAGE which you can get by pressing the PROG button on the FMC. So, The formula which calculates the OPT (Optimum Flight Level) has an error. And the PSS Programming Team should correct the fomula so the FMC will report the right and maintainable Flight Level with a Aircraft weighing 400,000+ pounds.Thank you.The Ghost Walker.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.