Sign in to follow this  
Guest medicus41

ILS Intercepting A320

Guest medicus41

I follow the approach procedures exactly and I cannot get an ILS identifier in the bottom left of the HSI, I cannot get a localizer deviation needle, or a localizer at all, so I cannot perform an ILS approach. I have the latest AIRAC installed.medicus

Guest Phoenix_7

the main cause for this is a dead battery which causes loss of avionicsmake sure your startup flight is one of the original MSFS default aircraft, saved with engines running, avionics onyou can also assign the master avionics to a key press from within FSJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

1) Did you enter the runway into your flight plan? Click LSK6L next to the arrival airport, then select LSK1R Arrival, then select the runway from the relevant left LSK, tehn select the STAR from the relevant left LSK.2) Did you check on the RAD NAV page of the MCDU that the correct ILS frequency for your arrival runway was showing at LSK3L?3) As part of the Descent Checks did you press the ILS button on the glareshield? The data should then show in magenta in the bottom left of the PFD.4) Did you enter the QNH, Wind, Temp and MDA in the PERF page of the MCDU and, once below 7200' agl within 200 miles of the airport, activate and confirm the approach phase?5) With all this done were you able to select LOC then APPR to arm then capture the localiser and glideslope? Just a few thoughts and I'm sure you did do all this, but it's worth asking just in case anything was missed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.