Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoM

Engaging Autopilot...

Guest PoM

Hello, Has anyone ever had trouble engaging the autopilot of the A320 series? Whenever I engage the autopilot the A3XX begins a huge nose dive. Is there a certain way in which I should turn the autopilot on? Maybe autothrottle first???ThanksChad Moore

Guest g0kmt

If you are using the airbus pro package with FS9.1, I would suggest getting the updated panel config. I had this problem along with many others, for example unable to control the aircraft with the joystick in 2d panel mode, the flight cotrols ECAM page would not show control displacements and a host of others including the ubiqutous flickering pointer. Now it all works fine. No more nose-dives and flyable in 2d manually.Hope that helpsIan

Guest FlyNavy

Basic rule : Do not engage A/P ON before PFD aircraft symbol is very close to the FD bars, particularly the horizontal one (A/P "hunts" FD bars to get them centered).AutoThrottle is totally independant of AutoPilot.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.